Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy
Kiersten White

Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie's always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

This is gonna be another hard review. Mostly because I was watching Boy while reading the most of it. And Boy is a babbler, especially when playing Monster Trucks and Golf and such on the Wii. But I'll try.

I LOVED this book so hard. Evie was just such a fun, lovable character. She reminded me a lot of Sophie from Hex Hall, who I loved because I could hear the author's voice in her. The same applies for Evie. When I know the author is funny and sarcastic and witty, and then I see their character have the same qualities, I LOVE it. Don't know why, I just do.

Then there was Lend. Oh, dear, sweet Lend. He was like a boy from one of my day dreams...except for the whole shape shifting thing.

This book was funny and full of sarcasm. I love me the sarcasm. And the side characters added so much life to the novel! They weren't just background noise, they were the verses to the song. I felt like we were connected to these characters just as much as we were to Evie and Lend.

This book was an AMAZING debut that will also make the overflowing favorites shelf. *stares at poor shelf* Sorry, you pretty thing.


--Julie

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant review! I am reading this right now, and I'm really enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. I cannot wait to read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear this. The last book I bought was a major disappointment (Halo) so it's great to know that this one ( I have it on order) will be a good one.

    I love it when new authors suceed in this difficult business, so if I like this as much as you, I'll give it a plug on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.