Monday, 25 October 2010

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares
Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
October 26, 2010
Knopf Books for Young Readers
“I’ve left some clues for you.
If you want them, turn the page.
If you don’t, put the book back on the shelf, please.”

So begins the latest whirlwind romance from the New York Times bestselling authors of Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist. Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on a favorite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept its dares. But is Dash that right guy? Or are Dash and Lily only destined to trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations across New York? Could their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions? Or will they be a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?

Rachel Cohn and David Levithan have written a love story that will have readers perusing bookstore shelves, looking and longing for a love (and a red notebook) of their own.

I love, love, LOVED this book!

Lily and Dash were hilarious and had great chemistry. Dash's snarky, sarcastic (or snarly) attitude totally won me over. 

Dash's best friend Boomer made me giggle all the time! He was like a giant kid. I kind of picture him like Damien from Mean Girls, but he acts more like my littler brother. And Lily's family was so wild I couldn't help but love them.

Dash and Lily frequently went to or referenced The Strand. It made me want to go there SO badly! I want to go to all the places where Dash and Lily went, so I can sit there and laugh hysterically like a mad hobo. 

Towards the end of the book, there's this whole series of events that had me trying not to laugh out loud. I won't say what it is, so you can all experience the win for yourself, but I WILL say CRIMSON ALERT.

Honestly, this book was funny and amazing and sarcastic and adorable and adventurous and fun. I think if I listed another adjective, I'd be smited by the Gods of English, so I'll stop. But really guys. Tomorrow? Your goal is to GET. THIS. BOOK.

--Julie

P.S. Totally grabbed Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist yesterday. <3

P.S.S. It's 12:30 in the morning...sorry for the suck.

1 comment:

  1. I put this on my TBR pile based on the cover alone (how awesome is the cover?) and have read nothing but amazing reviews of it. I'm waiting for it to actually come in at our library (it's on order) to get my hot little hands on it. Great review. And now that you mention it, I think I'll go get Nick & Norah too!
    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.