Sunday, 3 October 2010

In My Mailbox (40)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

I just got one book this week. Bought:

Girl, Stolen 
by April Henry

Summary: Sixteen year-old Cheyenne Wilder is sleeping in the back of a car while her mom fills her prescription at the pharmacy. Before Cheyenne realizes what's happening, their car is being stolen--with her inside!

Griffin hadn’t meant to kidnap Cheyenne, all he needed to do was steal a car for the others. But once Griffin's dad finds out that Cheyenne’s father is the president of a powerful corporation, everything changes—now there’s a reason to keep her. What Griffin doesn’t know is that Cheyenne is not only sick with pneumonia, she is blind. How will Cheyenne survive this nightmare, and if she does, at what price?
Doesn't it sound awesome? I'll probably end up bumping it to the top of my TBR pile once I finish the book I'm currently reading.

Later.

*jumps in*

No links or anything this week because I'm tired and sick and it's late. You guys can find it yourself, right? ;) I also did do a vlog, but I'm gonna edit that later today. Uploading takes HOURS and as soon as I wake up, I have church.

Won:
Faeries, Dwarves, Goblins, and Other Nasties by somebody I'll look up later


For Review:
Contagion by Joanne Dahme

Bought:
Take Me There by Susanne Colasanti
Stealing Princes by Tyne O'Connell
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

Thanks to Nicole at Running Press and whoever ran the Random House twitter contest (name escapes me, sorry!)

Anybody going to Heather Brewer's signing today (October 3), I MAY be going, but it's unlikely. Just leave a comment if you are going and I'll try to find you.

I'm jetting off across country on Thursday for my sister's wedding and getting back Monday night. So, no IMM or vlog from me next week but I will probably be getting at least a few books since there's a bookstore in the town we're staying at. And I'll try to get up some reviews this week, but because I hate make up work. I'll be trying to get it all done before leaving and blogging/reading obviously takes a backseat to that.

And later today I'll be posting a list of books I'm thinking of bringing to Arizona. I'll give details on time and such later, but just a heads up now ;)

And that's it! What's up in YOUR mailbox?

--Julie

3 comments:

  1. Girl Stolen was REALLY good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read awesome things about Girl, Stolen. Great books this week!

    Enjoy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl Stolen sounds amazing and the cover is so pretty!
    If you want you can check my IMM here (http://thebookishsnob.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.