Sunday, 24 October 2010

In My Mailbox (42)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.


So. Much. WIN this week! Just wait until you SEE!


For Review:

Won:
Wildwing by Emily Whitman (signed ARC with postcard)
Grimalkin pebble and Julie Kagawa signed book plate

Bought:
Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Torment by Lauren Kate

Many thanks this week for:
-Penguin 
-Emily Whitman and Princess Bookie
-Julie Kagawa and PageTurnersBlog

Lanna jumping in:

This week has been really awesome as far as books go, I got:

For review:


Out for Blood by Alyxandra Harvey
Solid by Shelley Workinger
Entice by Carrie Jones
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

I was so insanely excited when I got these four, all of the other books I was planning on reading next have been bumped down on my TBR pile so these could be at the top. I'm nearly finished Out for Blood (it's fantastic, I'll have a review up for it soon).


Won:

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut

I won these from, I think it was, the 2009 Debs -- they had this big contest when the whole Speak Loudly thing was happening. I didn't know I had won Speak and Slaughterhouse Five too, I was only expecting Twenty Boy Summer. I already own and love Speak and I own Slaughterhouse Five, but I prefer these covers, so I'm going to give my best friend my extra copies.


Bought:


Fourth Comings and Perfect Fifths by Megan McCafferty

I've only read the first book but I wanted to own the rest of the series because I know I'm gonna love it and I want to be able to read all the books at once.


The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

I've been meaning to buy this one for ages and people keep telling me it's their favourite Sarah Dessen book, so I finally got round to getting it.


Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers

Can't wait to read this one.

Crush by Richard Silken

This is poetry, someone posted one of the pieces from it on Tumblr and I needed to buy the book after seeing it. In case you're curious, this was the one they posted:

"You’re in a car with a beautiful boy, and he won’t tell you that he loves you, but he loves you. And you feel like you’ve done something terrible, like robbed a liquor store, or swallowed pills, or shoveled yourself a grave in the dirt, and you’re tired. You’re in a car with a beautiful boy, and you’re trying not to tell him that you love him, and you’re trying to choke down the feeling, and you’re trembling, but he reaches over and he touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist, and you feel your heart taking root in your body, like you’ve discovered something you didn’t even have a name for."


Isn't it awesome?

So yeah, that's what I got this week, what about you?

Later.

5 comments:

  1. Great books! I loved The Truth About Forever and Twenty Boy Summer :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great haul. Enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The books taht you have are amazing! Fallen should be really good. I really have to by Crush

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all great books! Very jealous of Dash and Lily's Book of Dares! I hope that you enjoy them all!

    Here's my IMM if you want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, your dress is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers[heart]Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.