Sunday, 10 October 2010

Mount TBR Update

Since I'm not doing an IMM post this week (I only got one book, the Deathly Hallows signature edition and I did a post on that already), I thought I'd do a Mount TBR update. Because, well... just because.


(Each of those piles comes up to about my belly button o.O)

Earlier, I had all of the books on my floor and I was arranging them and deciding what to read next so I took pictures/made a video of them (you really don't need to watch the video, it doesn't show much, just what you see above really).

(Note: I would've talked in the video and made it more vlog-y but I don't feel comfortable talking to a camera when other people are home... hell, I don't feel comfortable talking to a camera ever. Oh and the song in the video is Where Are You Now by The Summer Set ft. Dia Frampton -- I was listening to it while I was messing around on windows movie maker, so... yes. Annnd I kind of forgot to trim the audio of the video once the visual stuff was over)

video


Books I plan to read in the next two weeks:



After the Quake by Haruki Murakami

I've been meaning to read some of Murakami's books for ages, everyone I've talked to says they're awesome and quotes from them keep popping up on my Tumblr which makes me want to read them even more.

If We Kiss by Rachel Vail

I bought this like, last year... maybe even before that. I'm in the mood for something chick lit-y, so yeah.


The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexei

I'm like, a quarter of the way into this one. I like it so far, it's not my usual kind of book but I figured I'd give it a try since I've only heard good things about it.

Mercy by Rebecca Lim (for review)

Dying to read this one, I have been since I was sent it for review.

Out for Blood by Alyxandra Harvey (for review)

Like above, dying to read it. I love this series.

Sloppy First by Megan McCafferty

I've been meaning to read this one for forever... the titles and covers put me off really, but I've heard amazing things about the series so I bought the first one to try.

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

I started reading this when I first got it years ago, and then I stopped reading and I think I started again and stopped again... it just didn't hook me from the start and the main character irritated me. But I want to give it another try because people keep telling me it's awesome and I own the whole trilogy, so I may as well read them (although, I know how the last book ends -- not looking forward to that).


As I Walked Out One Evening by W. H. Auden

I think it was John Green who mentioned/quoted Auden (either on blogtv or a vlog or in one of his books -- Looking for Alaska, maybe? I think the whole "You shall love your crooked neighbour, with your crooked heart" quote was in LfA and it's by Auden). Anyway, I wanted to read more of his stuff.


The Book Theif by Markus Zusak

I've been putting off reading this one for too long. I think it's the hype, I really want to love it because everyone says it's fantastic and I don't want to read it and be disappointed if it isn't for me.


The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

*Shrugs* :)

A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks

I was watching the DVD last week or something and went to buy the book, only to realise I already had the book in Mount TBR, so... yes.

Anyway, what books are you reading right now? What's in your TBR pile (or TBR pile for the next two weeks, if you're like me and your TBR is massive)?

Later.

10 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat. I need to put a hold on buying anymore books until I read a few of them from my TBR pile... at least a few. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whey !!!! I'm not the only one with a gigant TBR pile !!!!!!
    he book Thief is good, and though it seems too long I read it in 3 days

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read the entire trilogy of Great and Terribly Beauty- and since you know how it ends I can tell you that I adored them all and was completely caught up in the story and then hated them after finishing them. Such a let down. I also have read The Book Thief- and I thought it was amazing! I know there is a lot of hype to it, but I will be surprised if you don't think it lives up to it! Looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay with The Book Thief...I thought the same thing when I first started reading it. I've now read it six times and have listened to it on audio. It's breathtaking!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All right. That beats my pile.
    That is truly daunting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in the same situation, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup. That about what mine looks like. I feel you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't stacked my piles like that yet, but they look pretty similar. They are taking over my room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your TBR pil looks like mine. LOL I shouldn't feel so bad then... I hope you love Sloppy Firsts and The Dark Divine, those of 2 of my all time favorites.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg. I am so glad I'm not the only person that does this. I have a pile of books (given, maybe not as many as you) only about 40 or so, that I haven't read, and today I went and bought like 8 more! (3 of which I saw on this site. I officially feel better about my book addiction. Thanks!!! :) So glad I found this site (I follow the Sloppy Firsts author on twitter- amazing, yea?) Can't wait to see what other suggestions you have!
    Thanks again!
    Alli

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers[heart]Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.