Friday, 8 October 2010

New Covers: Harry Potter Signature Edition

In November, the Harry Potter Signature Edition covers are being released and so I figured I'd do a post on them. A copy of the Deathly Hallows Signature Edition arrived today and I wasn't expecting it but it's awesome, I wanted to buy a new set of Harry Potter books anyway so I think I'll buy the rest of these ones when they're out.

Anyway, here are the covers:








Yay/Nay? Which is your favourite?

I kind of have a soft spot for the Philosophers Stone cover (the only one I don't like much is the Order of the Phoenix cover, but it might be nicer in person - the Deathly Hallows one is awesome in person) and I really like the simple design and the clean look that the white background gives. :)

I kind of have the urge to reread the entire series, I need to take a week an just do that sometime but I'm not allowing myself to reread books until I deal with Mount TBR. But, at least I have the Deathly Hallows movies to get my Harry Potter fix (speaking of, are you excited for part one? Or dreading it incase they screw it up?).

Oh, and, did you see J K Rowling on Oprah? She is such a brilliant person -- like, even ignoring the fact that she wrote Harry Potter (which pretty much makes her a complete legend anyway), just the way she talks... it's so, well, inspiring. It's kind of like she has life figured out and doesn't even realise it. She's one person that I would love to meet and at the same time, I know I'd probably lose the ability to even talk coherently in her presence (and that is saying something, because I'm not into putting someone on a pedestal just because they're famous, I wouldn't even get like that with my favourite actors or musicians - but with J K Rowling, I would. And it's not because she's famous -- she's just awesome).

...I'll stop my vergin-on-fangirl rambling now.

Later.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of them, maybe just because I grew up with the other covers and these just seem a little too simple.

    I LOVE J.K. Rowling! She gave this speech a college graduation (I think it was some Ivy League) and it was SO good. You definitely need to watch it. She's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the covers. I do like them more than the "traditional" ones. Maybe I'll have to look into these books since I'm kind of a cover snob.

    Great post. I'm glad to see all the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found out about these so I'm a bit late to the game but I love the covers. I may have to order them. I need a complete UK set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes yes i grew up with the UK covers but i do like the new ones and i love the deathly hallows one the best but i still would go for the UK ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's really difficult to choose the UK or U.S. cover but I think I'll take them where sometime you showed them was pretty cool myfavorite Cover Is The Goblet of Fire

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these covers; I'm getting the entire signature edition boxed set for Christmas/my birthday. I love how understated they are I mean you won't get them unless you've already read the book. And if you haven't read the books they are intriguing and they don't give to much away, these covers draw you in. In short I absolutely love these signature edition covers and I can't wait to revisit Hogwarts with these amazingly beautiful covers!!! (BTW my favorite book is "Order of the Phoenix" and my favorite cover is either "Prisoner of Azkaban" or "Deathly Hallows")

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.