Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Out for Blood by Alyxandra Harvey


Out for Blood
by Alyxandra Harvey

Release Date (UK): November 2010
Note: This is the UK cover, the US one is different (and the first book in the series, My Love Lies Bleeding, is published as Hearts at Stake in the US)

Summary: Hunter Wild is the youngest in a long line of elite vampire hunters, a legacy that is both a blessing and a curse at the secret Helios-Ra Academy, where she excels at just about everything. Thanks to her friendship with Kieran Black, Hunter receives a special invitation to attend the coronation of Helena Drake, and for the first time, she sees the difference between vampires that must be hunted and vampires that can become friends—or even more. 

When students at the academy fall victim to a mysterious illness, Hunter suspects they are under attack from within. She will need someone she can trust to help her save the future of Helios-Ra . . . help that shockingly comes in the form of Quinn Drake, a drop-dead gorgeous vampire. Who said senior year would be easy?

Alyxandra Harvey really outdid herself with this book, it is definitely my favourite in the series so far.

As much as I loved the setting of the other two books, getting to see inside the Drake’s home and all that, this one was just way, way more interesting. The Helios-Ra school is so awesome and it just gave the book that extra something that the other books didn’t have while still maintaining all of the things that made the other books great.

Quinn and Hunter are by far my favourite protagonists out of all the ones we’ve had so far in the series and they’ve knocked Lucy and Nicholas off of my favourite couple top spot. Quinn was just so adorable and managed to be a complete charmer with a bad boy edge to him while still being a gentleman and I wish he was real and that I could keep him. And then Hunter, well, she was just kick ass and I love how she could take care of herself and stood up for what she believed in, even if it went against people and beliefs that she’s been raised with.

I adored all of the new minor characters and of course, the reappearance of the characters from the other two books, especially Kieran, we got to see this new side to him when he was around Hunter and was in best friend/big brother mode, I loved the relationship they had.

The plot of this one was my favourite so far too, even though I did figure out the majority of the twists long before the characters seemed to, as much as I loved all of the royal drama with Solange and the Drakes, it was a refreshing change having that take a back seat and giving us a glimpse at the Helios-Ra side of things and something kind of separate from all of the royalty stuff.

Anyway, there’s not much else I can say without spoiling the book. I loved it and I really recommend this series, especially now that this book is a part of it.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.