Friday, 1 October 2010

Shiver Fan Art & Old Skool Favourites (6)

For lack of anything else to post today, here, have some fan art for Shiver and an Old Skool Favourites post:


"You're beautiful and sad," I said finally, not looking at him when I did. "Just like your eyes. You're like a song that I heard when I was a little kid but forgot I knew until I heard it again." For a long moment there was only the whirring sound of the tires on the road, and then Sam said softly, "Thank you." --Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Yes, I'm aware the scene happens in a car or something and not a bedroom, but the screencaps of Aaron just worked so... yes. Also, I didn't edit the colour of Sam's eyes.

Cast:

Aaron Johnson as Sam (Stills from Nearly Famous)
Brittany Robertson as Grace (Still from Life Unexpected)

Moving on...

Old Skool Favourite (6):  

The Wish List 
by Eoin Colfer

Summary: Meg Finn is in trouble, unearthly trouble. Cast out of her own home by her stepfather after her mother's death, Meg is a wanderer, a troublemaker. 

After a botched attempt to rob a pensioner's flat, Meg and her partner in crime, Belch, end up in a very sticky situation. Meg's soul is up for grabs as the divine and the demonic try every underhand ploy imaginable to claim it. Her only chance of salvation is the Wish List. But how can she persuade the pensioner Lowrie to help her when she has wronged him? Even if she can persuade him, will she really have enough points to face up to St Peter?

Now, I'm Agnostic, so as far as the whole God/afterlife thing goes, I don't know what I believe... and it really bugs me when people force their beliefs down my throat, especially in books - but this book wasn't like that at all and I loved reading about the Heaven and Hell stuff in the story and I loved how in the beginning Meg isn't exactly a very good or likeable person and we see her work on that, it's kind of a nice message... the whole, it's never too late to change thing.

It's been years since I read the book, so I don't remember the exact story and all the plot twists, I just remember that I loved it and it was a really fun book to read. I want to reread it sometime, but I'll have to buy another copy -- when I read it the first time, it was my brothers copy... he hates reading, I'm not sure why he had the book but I ended up reading it because he wasn't and I'm glad I did.

Later.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.