Sunday, 3 October 2010

What Do I Bring?

So, as I've mentioned, I'm going away for my sister's wedding. Six hours on a plane there and back plus lots of free time. But there IS a bookstore where I'm going, so I don't want to bring too much. And we're doing carry on only so I really want to stick to paperbacks/ARCs if I can. But at the same time, I don't want to bring too many books I HAVE to review. Here are some of my options.

Clementine by Sophie Masson
Glass by Ellen Hopkins
Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
The Book Thief by Markus Zusack
Contagion by Joanne Dahme
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
Awakened by Ednah Walters
Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer
Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston (strongly leaning on this)
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Jumbee by Pamela Keyes
Dark Water by Laura McNeal
Kiss Me Deadly by various authors
Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
La Petite Four by Regina Scott
My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
The Devil's Arithmetic by Jane Yolen
That Summer by Sarah Dessen
Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
Take Me There by Susan Colasanti

I'd also love to be able to reread some books (Ransom My Heart by Meg Cabot was my main one...until I realized it's missing and I can't order a new one online without my mom ordering for me...which she probably won't, and no car=no driving to get one). So if you guys want to go through all the books I have and pick from there, just add me as a friend on goodreads (leave a note when you do, please!), then look at this list:

I have until Wednesday to figure it out, though I'd love to know it before then! So please comment and pass it on so I can get as many thoughts as possible!

--Julie

5 comments:

  1. Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
    The Book Thief by Markus Zusack
    Awakened by Ednah Walters
    Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
    Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston (strongly leaning on this)
    If I Stay by Gayle Forman
    Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
    Take Me There by Susan Colasanti

    This is as far as I can narrow it down. If I Stay is a really good book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely bring a Sarah Dessen book. That will be like having an old friend with you. ALSO, bring Glass by Ellen Hopkins because that is a quick read.

    Don't bring The Book Thief unless you have time to savor it.

    The Jumbee is fairly decent and a quick read, especially if you like the theater.

    My advice is to take 4 review books, and then have the rest be pleasure books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Soul to Take is AMAZING. One of my favorite books if I were you I would definently take it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusack
    Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer
    Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
    Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston If I Stay by Gayle Forman
    Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
    Take Me There by Susan Colasanti

    I'd pick out of those. ^

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Book Thief and If I Stay are must reads. You'll kick yourself for not reading them sooner.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.