Friday, 22 October 2010

Wildwing by Emily Whitman

Wildwing 
Emily Whitman

Addy knows there's so much more to life than what she has. She must be destined for more than being a maid to an eccentric elderly man. And so when she finds a mysterious contraption in the gentleman's study, of course she steps inside. Of course she bumps into the wrong button. Suddenly Addy is in medieval England, mistaken for the young woman betrothed to the lord of the nearby manor. It's destiny. But is it home? And will she ever find her way back to her own time? Will she want to, once she's met the shy, handsome falconer's apprentice?

Warning: It's midnight. I have school tomorrow. This review WILL be crappy.

I did enjoy this book, but it didn't live up to my expectations. I LOVED Radiant Darkness, so I expected to love this one too, because it was also different. Medieval Times and TIME TRAVEL. Win, right?

To me it felt like not much happened in the book. Most of the book seemed to be Addy whining or deciding to enjoy being a lady. The middle dragged a lot to me and I found that if I tried to read it in a place with the SLIGHTEST bit of distraction, I couldn't. I read all of this book locked up in the bathroom before and after showers. 

At the same time, I was captivated when I did sit and read it. I sat for an hour and a half just not reading the second half of the book. I had to know what Addy would end up doing and if she'd be happy.

I loved the romance in this book. Just, absolutely adored it. I just...GAH. Can't spoil.

So, I'm mixed on it. Overall, I did enjoy it and I'm glad I read it, but I just expected more, I guess.

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.