Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Awesome: The Hunger Games - Katniss/Rue Scene/Short Film...

Two things, first:

So this was posted up on one of the Hunger Games fan communities on livejournal and it's really, really, really awesome. Just watch it, seriously (warning: you may cry).




Video description from youtube:
"I am a big fan of the Hunger Games books and am excited for the film from Lionsgate. I feel that several actors I know are talented enough to be involved with the feature film, so we did this short as an audition for them."

Anyway, my reaction to the video: isn't it just... just - gah, there aren't words!

The girl who plays Katniss - her acting wasn't completely perfect, but when it was good it was really good (she has been in a few not so well known movies) and her wig (I think it's a wig because the girl is actually blonde) is kind of odd but beyond that, adore her. She could be a good Katniss (and for people who were rooting for them to cast an unknown actress, she definitely fits that criteria).

And Rue? OMG! That girl, she had me bawling my eyes out first time I watched this (and yes, I'm aware she's the wrong race to be Rue but this wasn't some big budget movie where they could hold loads of auditions to get someone perfect for the part - despite the fact she doesn't fit the girls description, she did such a good job. It wouldn't even bother me if she was Rue in the movie since she can tug on my heartstrings like that - although she'd be a great Prim too).

Anyway, what do you all think? Like it? Hate it? Did you cry?

Second thing and I'm going to sound like such a broken record here: sorry for the lack of reviews (from me at least, Julie has been posting way more. Co-blogger: awesome, Lanna: fail). I've just not been reading much and then whenever I'm in the mood to read, somehow I end up writing instead for NaNoWriMo (or procrastinating).

Hopefully I'll post more in December when NaNo is over (right now I'm reading The Book Thief, which is awesome so far).

Later.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing production value! Looks fantastic.
    Thanks so much for posting this... I'm not sure if I would have run across this otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to post this when I first saw it yesterday. It is amazing, excellent quality. I just cried and cried while I watched it. Sure it's not 100 % but still it is pretty fantastic :)

    Ladybug of Escape In A Book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing. im not a big hunger games fan. we are having to read it for school. but after this video, im speechless. what is that song in the background?! i absolutly love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I have watched this video at least once every day! It's amazing!I love the girl who plays Katniss, she is exactly how I imagined her! I also don't mind the other girl playing Rue but I think that she would be a better Prim, I mean with all of the emotion that she put into this 10 min. thing imagine what she can do with Prim in some of the later books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, if you love this video, Mainstay Productions also posted another video from the Hunger Games book. I love this video! It is the scene with Peeta and Katniss in the cave, it has the same Katniss, and she is perfect for the part! If Lionsgate doesn't cast her as Katniss, I'll refuse to watch the movie! And the Peeta is just like how I imagined him accept he has a British accent. Just type in 'Hunger Games Chemistry Screen Test' into youtube and it should be the first thing that pulls up. Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds, be ever in your favor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The song while Katniss is covering Rue in flowers is Iridescent by Linkin Park. I think that it is a perfect song for the Hunger Games! I mean click the interesting button if you cried!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anon - Yeah, I saw the other video a few days ago. It was good - not quite as awesome as this one was, but still pretty good.

    @Anon - the other anon, or are you both the same? I know, and I love that song, it worked really well with the scene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah the last three Anon. are me. I just love that song! And I totally agree with you on the other video.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.