Sunday, 7 November 2010

In My Mailbox (44)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Lanna:

Well... sorry I've kind of been M.I.A. recently. NaNoWriMo + not really in the mood to read + ill + general procrastination. I think at some point this month, I need to take a weekend off from writing and just read. Actually, I will do that next weekend if I can hit, I dunno, 30K in my NaNoWriMo before then (halfway there already).

And I'll stfu about that now and get on with the IMM (I should not have bought new books, but I did, because I'm addicted *facepalm*):

Bought:


(ignore the little "New" tags, I decided to print screened my Shelfari shelf because the covers played a part in me buying some of these *shrugs*)

Exposed by Susan Vaught - I saw someone mention it on youtube and it seemed interesting... and I liked the cover.
The Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty - I've been meaning to read this one for ages and then another blogger (Adele/Pernsnickety Snark, I think) mentioned it and so I bought it (I think it's published under another name too, Finding Cassie Crazy?). I think it's the second book in a series though, I'll need to double check, but I think the series is more companion novels than sequels? Not sure.

Sandpiper by Ellen Wittlinger - Again, another blogger mentioned it a while ago and it made me want to read it. And the cover is awesome.

Illyria by Elizabeth Hand - Awesome cover, awesome title, generally sounds awesome. I hope it lives up to the awesomeness.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - Never heard of this one before, or the author... just kind of stumbled across it on Amazon and it sounded good. *shrugs* Yes, I'm talking crap - I watched Lost in Austen the other day and it put me in a Pride and Prejudice type mood, so I bought this; I already own the complete works of Jane Austen, but it's massive and not really good for just reading.

Anyway, what'd you get this week? And if you're doing NaNoWriMo, how you doing with that?

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Love Pride and Prejudice. I need to reread it sometime. I've been in Nanoland also. Not quite as far as I want to be. Life seems to get in the way. Plus I ended up changing plots after the first few days so I had to start all over. Good luck with Nano and enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice books this week! I've read Exposed, it was pretty good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.