Wednesday, 17 November 2010

On Our Wishlist (8) - Lanna

On Our Wishlist is inspired by Breaking the Spine's Waiting on Wednesday.

There are an insane amount of books on my wishlist right now - I'll try and get ones that haven't been mentioned by me (or Julie) before:




Sharks and Boys by Kristen Tracy

It just sounds really unique and interesting. *shrugs*


Bumped by Megan McCafferty

Sloppy Firsts kind of put Megan McCafferty onto my favourite authors/instant read list but this book sounds fantastic anyway (but why, why can't she get covers that fully reflect her awesomeness? I mean, I don't hate this cover exactly - but it's kind of dull/bland, even if it is a bit on the unique side as far as the concept goes... Maybe it'll grow on me. Although I should've learned my lesson by now about judging books by their covers*, if this book wasn't by Megan McCafferty, chances are I wouldn't even read the summary of it without someone telling me to). 




Starcrossed (The Awakening #1)
by Josephine Angelini 

I may or may not have mentioned this one before, but if I did, I don't think a cover was included. But it sounds all kinds of epic and doesn't the cover totally bring the pretty?


The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta

Melina Marchetta is another one of my favourite authors/instant reads and this one is a companion to one of her books that I already love and apparently has cameos from characters from Jellicoe Road in it? Not sure. I've wanted this since I heard about it, it's already out in Australia but it's almost impossible to find somewhere to buy Australian books and get them shipped here... but I'm glad I didn't get it, because the US cover is so much more awesome (just in case my cover-whore tendencies weren't blatantly obvious already).
 




Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves

Not sure why I want to read this one, I don't remember being hooked by the summary... I think it's a case of cover/title love.


The Demon Trapper's Daughter (Demon Trappers #1) by Jana Oliver

This one sounds awesome. And I think the co-blogger may be getting to review it... Julie, I hate 'choo (only not really... but, once again: stupid ocean!)

So anyway, like the sound of any of these? What books are on your wish list?

*In my defence, my to be read pile is massive and my wish list is even bigger so judging books by their covers does tend to help me narrow it down a little and decide which books to read/which to read first. It's not a good system, because covers can be deceiving, but it's a system and I need a system...

Later.

3 comments:

  1. All of these are great book that I am looking forward to as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read all these books, especially Slice of Cherry and The Demon's Daughter. Great picks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you considered keeping a wishlist at youcouldgetme.com?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.