Thursday, 18 November 2010

Pulling Princes by Tyne O'Connell

Pulling Princes
Tyne O'Connell

When Calypso returns from Los Angeles to her English boarding school for the summer term, she is determined to fit in with the popular crowd. Her plan is to pretend her mother's gay assistant back home is her boyfriend. And to her surprise, the trick works...at least at first. She makes a whole batch of new friends, and even finds herself winning the unwritten contest to woo the prince at the boys' school next door. But one girl, Honey, undermines all her efforts. When Calypso and Prince Freddy end up in the tabloids and everything seems set to go down the drain, it's Calypso's parents and sense of humor that save her from utter humiliation.
 
A fast-paced, laugh-out-loud-funny look at fitting in while still standing out...

This book is exactly what it claims to be. And it's exactly what I need. 

This book is cute and light and kind of funny. It only took me a couple hours to read. And considering this week I've been REALLY stressed out, reading something so...chick-lit-y was very refreshing and relaxing. 

Calypso is pretty shallow throughout the novel, but never so much that I got annoyed or started to hate her. And she does have quite a bit of character growth throughout the novel. 

All the slang is a bit of an adjustment, but I imagine UK readers would have an easier time with it.

There's really not much for me to say about this book. For me, it was therapeutic. And though I had plans to start reading Harry Potter 7 to prep for the movie, I ended up picking up the sequel instead. And I intend to get my hands on the rest of the series as soon as possible.

Is this a literary masterpiece? No. But when you're stressed out and just need a light, simple read? Definitely a good choice.

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.