Sunday, 12 December 2010

In My Mailbox (48) + Contest Winners

Before we get to the IMM part, the contest winners (and yes, there were two instead of one because a bunch of awesome people filled out our poll):

Emmelyn and Laura Christina

I'll email you tomorrow... or once I finish writing this, whichever. Now, onto IMM (and combining mine and Julie's books, there's 31 this week. o.O)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

This week...oh this week. I went to my very first author event yesterday (recap coming soon), won a writing contest, and got an excellent score on my PSAT!




Won:
Snow Queens by Emma Harrison + swag
Three Rivers Rising by Jame Richards

Random Buzzers:
A Brief History of Montmaray by Michelle Cooper 

Bought:
Dueling Princes by Tyne O'Connell
Dumping Princes by Tyne O'Connell
13 to Life by Shannon Delany
The Mark by Jen Nadol
Inconvenient by Margie Gelbwasser

For Review:
Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers
Memento Nora by Angie Smibert
Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen

Lanna jumping in:

I haven't done an IMM for a few weeks (2, I think?), so these books are for more than just this week. I got 20 books. Oops. o.O


2 of the books aren't in the picture (Tyme's End and The Mallen trilogy) and ignore the little new tags - I just print screened the covers from my Shelfari as always. =P

For review:

Forge by Laurie Halse Anderson (sounds really interesting, but it's the sequel to Chains which I haven't read and don't own - I'll need to wait to get that one first)

Crusade by Linda Press Wulf (Can't wait to read this one)

Fused by Kari Lee Townsend (nearly finished - actually, I will be finished by the time this IMM goes up and should have the review up soon...)

Tyme's End by B. R. Collins

Not really my kind of thing, but I'll give it a chance, it does sound like it could be good.

Bought:

Matched
by Ally Condie

[insert big smile here]

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

[And aforementioned big smile gets wider] 

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

[The smile is starting to hurt...]

I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak

Another one of those ones I've been putting off for a really long time and not sure why - it's not cause I don't want to read it, it's just more kept getting added to my wishlist and bumping it down and other books took priority.

Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel

Stumbled across this one while looking for something on Amazon and it sounds really good.

Broken Soup by Jenny Valentine

Same as with I Am the Messenger... 

Jane by April Linder

I've been dying to read this one since I heard of it. 



Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

I actually still have to read the 5th book, I own it, but I haven't gotten to it yet (and I think I bought the wrong cover for this one *facepalm*)


A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens


Another classic I've been meaning to get to.

The Mallen Trilogy by Catherine Cookson

I was in an odd mood and had a Catherine Cookson marathon and it made me want to read some of her books, I enjoy the TV adaptions of them, I used to watch them when I was a kid - which maybe I shouldn't have, I was a bit young to really get them/understand the subject matter probably.

On The Road by Jack Kerouac

I've been putting this one off for ages, I've got a lot of classics on my wishlist/to read list and I buy them every now and then. I want to read this one before the movie is out - I don't want people to assume I'm one of those Twilight fans that only read it/claimed to like it because Kristen Stewart was in the movie version, because really, I'm not particularly a Kristen fan or a fan of the Twilight movies.

The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson


I own the first book in the trilogy, but Batman (my girl best friend) has it right now. I figured I'd get the rest of the trilogy so I can read them all at once.


The first four books in The Vampire Diaries series by L. J. Smith


But it's two bind-ups, so technically only two books. I've heard mixed things about the books - that book Elena is whiney and unlikeable and it's very different from the show but I figured I'd give it a try anyway. My older sister is borrowing the first two books right now though, seeing as my TBR pile is a mountain.

  Won:


Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger 

It's funny, my sister bought me a bar of Galaxy chocolate and they have this thing where you go to a website and put in the code on the packet to see if you won a book and I never win those sorts of things, but I did this time and this book has actually been on my wishlist for a ridiculous amount of time, so... awesome.

Later.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you've got so many books this week ... I'm so jealous !! I can't wait to read Last Sacrifice !! =) Happy reading !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many books! Last sacrifice is pratically in every person IMM, I must read the series.
    Happy Readings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! It was so terrific meeting you!! Such a fun event!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.