Monday, 13 December 2010

Jane by April Lindner

Jane
April Lindner
Poppy
[October 11, 2010]

Forced to drop out of an esteemed East Coast college after the sudden death of her parents, Jane Moore takes a nanny job at Thornfield Park, the estate of Nico Rathburn, an iconic rock star on the brink of a huge comeback. Practical and independent, Jane reluctantly becomes entranced by her magnetic and brooding employer, and finds herself in the midst of a forbidden romance. But there's a mystery at Thornfield, and Jane's much-envied relationship with Nico is tested by a torturous secret from his past.

Part irresistible romance and part darkly engrossing mystery, this contemporary retelling of the beloved classic Jane Eyre promises to enchant a new generation of readers.

This book was magical. 

The writing was simple but captivating. I never wanted to stop reading and got pissed when people stopped me.

I loved Jane. Loved, loved, loved. She was easy to relate to and easy to understand and she makes the right decisions, ones that you'd make in the same situation. She's intelligent and patient and everything wonderful.

I loved Nico. He was kind of insane and very temperamental, but his heart was always in the right place. He was as good as dad as he could be and more than just your stereotypical rocker. I kind of loved him and I now crave more books with celebrity love-interests (I had the same problem after reading Just One Wish and had NO luck).

And Maddy was wonderful. Loved that little girl.
This was truly just a remarkable story, probably one of my absolute favorites of all time (you already know it made my Top 12 of 2010). I absolutely, positively recommend it, even if you haven't read Jane Eyre because I haven't either. No excuses!

--Julie

6 comments:

  1. I already bought this book and I look forward to reading it after your review. Thanks Julie for your review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read (or at least watch) Jane Eyre. And then you can love Jane even MORE. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really good book! Thanks for the review:)
    -Danna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed the book so much! I was waffling back and forth on whether I was going to make it a priority to read this, but I definitely am now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I didn't know it was a modern retelling of Jane Eyre. I also get all pissy if someone interrupts me while reading a good book.

    Great review! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed this book and I'm not even a huge fan of the original classic. The BBC version of the movie, however, is AMAZING. You should definitely check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.