Thursday, 20 January 2011

Kissing Booth by Lexie Hill


Kissing Booth
by Lexie Hill

Summary: Lisi has never been kissed. Sure, she could practice on her guy friend, Johnny, but he’s like a brother to her! So when it comes time to pick a theme for the Spring Carnival booth, Lisi suggests a "Kissing Booth," hoping it will give her the chance to get a cheek-kiss from her crush, the handsome, popular Brett. But on the day of the carnival, as rumors fly and kisses are stolen, Lisi discovers that the person she should really kiss may have been right in front of her all along.

This book was pretty predictable and cliché, I’ve read variations of most of it before. But I liked it a lot. It was your typical feel-good chick lit romance and it’s perfect to read if you just want something light to make you smile between more serious/emotionally draining books.

I liked the characters, how they weren’t perfect but were still likeable (particularly Johnny). Lisi was a good protagonist, she only really annoyed me when she was getting obsessive over this guy in the book (and it was made even more annoying by the fact that I had already predicted how a certain aspect of the plot would go within the first chapter so it was frustrating waiting for the her to figure it out too).

The setting was fun, the whole high school in the midst of preparing for the schools annual carnival thing. It made me wish that my school had something like that when I was there, would've been so much fun.

Sorry, there’s not much else I can say about the book -- I liked it, it was entertaining and I’m glad I read it. It wasn’t fantastic or anything and I’ll probably have forgotten all about it within a few months (or sooner), but I do recommend it if you just want something to give you a break from reading more intense books.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this one, sounds cute. Sometimes pure fluff is what I need to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds cute. And especially since I've been doing lots of pretty heavy reading for school lately.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.