Sunday, 13 February 2011

In My Mailbox (56)

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Lanna:

So this week was pretty awesome.



For review:


The Opposite of Amber by Gillian Philip
Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror by Chris Priestley
Tales of Terror from the Black Ship by Chris Priestley
Tales of Terror from the Tunnels Mouth by Chris Priestley
Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance by Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin

None of these books are really my kind of thing (except Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance), but I want to try some books out of my usual reading zone, The Opposite of Amber sounds pretty interesting. I already have two of the Chris Priestley books but these three all have new covers (note: the new covers are the ones shown in the goodreads links, not the versions shown in my shelfari print screen, I love the new covers).

Bought:

Delirium by Lauren Oliver (already read an e-galley and gushed about in a review, but I needed to own it)
The Girl Who Became a Beatle by Greg Taylor
It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini (never really had any desire to read this until I saw stuff posted/quoted from it on Tumblr)
Wake by Lisa McMann
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

Later.

 Julie:

So, I didn't get much this week. As in, I really shouldn't bother vlogging about it, but I wanted to show the pretty. Because telling you about it isn't enough.

[Vlog IS coming. My laptop needed to do updates and restart, so it made uploading a vlog while I slept impossible. It will uploaded while I go do some family stuff and posted when I get back/it finishes.]

Bought:
Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Review/Gift:
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Breathless Reads pins

Awesome stuff, right? I already read and LOVED Delirium because I couldn't get through anything else. And I'd been planning to get another copy of Across the Universe, but now I get a SIGNED one. I might have squeed a bit.

What did YOU get this week?

--Julie

6 comments:

  1. Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance looks incredibly cute - I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great IMM! Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance looks awesome! And I can't wait to read Delirium too! Enjoy! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great looking books. Some I haven't heard of. Can't wait for you reviews!

    Hooked to Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Kind of a Funny Story was a fantastic book. I love Ned Vizzini! I haven't seen the movie yet; I'm kind of afraid to...

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower. Hope you enjoy your new books!! My IMM post is here. Happy Reading,

    Zakiya LadyWings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reads! I got Delirium this week too. I'm very curious about the Jenna/Jonah book. A lot of people got that this week.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.