Wednesday, 23 February 2011

So, Basically These Characters Need to Become Non-Fictional

Lately, I've been thinking about boys.

Not just any boys, but fictional boys. Those oh-so-swoon-worthy fictional boys. The boys I read and then think "Why don't you climb out of this book and we'll run off and find some state that will let me get married at 16?"

Well...maybe not exactly that...

And I also have to add the giant disclaimer here that I DO know these guys aren't real and that no matter what I wish, they never will be. But I'm ALLOWED to wish until I can find a guy in real life that doesn't make me want to bang my head into a wall repeatedly.

But ANYWAY. I was reading a certain book that pops up on this list and thought "Oh, he TOTALLY makes my list of fictional characters I wish I could marry." Then I thought "Well...maybe I should make an official list. That way when I review books, I can say that and people will UNDERSTAND why this list is so awesome." So, without further ado, the list:

Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy a.k.a Darcy (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)

What kind of girl would I be if I didn't find Darcy attractive? Well...what kind of Austen-addict would I be if I didn't find Darcy attractive? I can re-read this book over and over and over again for the Lizzie/Darcy love story and I have. Darcy isn't necessarily romantic and he's not slick and frankly, he's kind of awkward, but that's just one of his many charms. He is, however, honest, intelligent, sarcastic, and can fess up and apologize for mistakes, though grudgingly. But I think the way he loves Lizzie is his main appeal. It kind of makes me feel bad for wanting to take Darcy from Lizzie, but not bad enough to remove him from the list.

Archer Cross who we can just call Archer (Hex Hall and Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins)

Archer's kind of a douche. Yeah, I said it.
But, he's the BEST KIND OF DOUCHE EVER. He's the hot, sweet douche...I mean until the end of the book. But we're not talking about that.
He cares about Sophie and he's sarcastic and funny and just so wonderful. If I remember right, in my Hex Hall review I had no words for him. And I still don't think I do. But lots of stuff happens in Demonglass that I can't tell you about but TRUST ME, I love Archer like 5000x more because of Demonglass. For realz.

Four who is mysterious so this one will be short too (Divergent by Veronica Roth)

Four was...well...not a bad boy. But most definitely badass. Possibly the most sensitive badass ever, though. He has moments of total badassery and then he goes and he's super sweet.

I REALLY WISH I could talk more about Four, but since Divergent isn't out and it's all hush-hush, I won't. But seriously, go pre-order this book. Stop reading this post for a minute and GO PRE-ORDER. And once you have read it, you are free to email me and squee about the greatness of Four and Divergent.

Michael Weaver the Time Traveler (Hourglass by Myra McEntire)
Here's another one I can't talk too much about. But, I'mma try.

First of all, his title is a reference The Time Traveler's Wife. Because I adore that book and combined with the topic of this post...we're seeing where this goes, right?

Michael's also the sweet, quiet-er type. He's intelligent and a reader (references to his bookshelves made me want to know what was on them) but he was also stubborn and he made stupid mistakes. He was very human.

He's also ridiculously romantic when he wants to be. I swooned a few times. I've tabbed some of his quotes. I think I actually tabbed one entire page. And then other times he's just as sarcastic and snarky and funny as I am. And yet I almost cried a couple times while reading.


I wish I could be all "OH HEY AND THIS HAPPENED" and then you'd understand my love. But...I can't.

And no matter what ANYONE TELLS YOU, Michael lives in my room. I make sure he gets love and attention while Myra writes.



At this point in time, I have no other major, ridiculous boy crushes. Obviously there are others I like, but none I semi-love like these guys. If that ever changes, I'll update this post and probably reference it in my review.

So, any boys on your list? Any boys on this list you'd fight me for? Let me know below!

--Julie

11 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love Four. It's been a while since I've had a crush on character...But I'm smitten. So handsome and strong and interesting. Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will totally take you down for Darcy ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES PLEASE on Darcy. <3
    I seriously need to start reading Divergent, don't I? I'll be sure to look out for Four! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree about Mr Darcy! I would add Sam from Shiver and Linger to my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How brilliant is this post! It's no secret that I'm constantly falling in love with boys in books. Archer Cross, Darcy are among my favorites.

    And TTTW if one of my all time favorite books ever, so how could I not know about Michael the Time Traveler. I will put that book on my TBR immediately.

    Thanks Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, YOU LIE.
    He's TOTALLY not in your room, since Micheal's under MY bed.

    I will fight you for Micheal, girl, FIGHT. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are definitely some fictional boys I wish were real so I could marry them. At the top of my list would be Sam from SHIVER and Jen from CLOCKWORK ANGEL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd fight you for Mr. Darcy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Darcy, but at the moment I'm torn between Dimitri Belikov (Vampire Academy) and Edward Cullen. Vamp girl all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thegirlwholovesbooks1 March 2011 at 13:07

    I love books! Anytime i get to read i will. I just Love twilight and vampire academy. Demitri Belikov and Edward Cullen are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.