Saturday, 12 March 2011

Clarity by Kim Harrington

Clarity
Kim Harrington
Scholastic Point
[March 1, 2011]

When you can see things others can't, where do you look for the truth?

This paranormal murder mystery will have teens reading on the edge of their seats.

Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.

And a curse.

When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case--but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother--who has supernatural gifts of his own--becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?

 Mysterious and twisty and murder-y. With lots of yummy boys. What can go wrong?

Honestly, not much. Some of the plot twists I thought I saw coming, then they slapped me in the face and told me I was wrong. I even thought I might know which yummy boy she'd end up with...that was another slap in the face.

The writing was really good and well paced for such a short book. I knew all the characters and understood them in a very short amount of time.

The romance was deliciously balanced with the murders. (I'll mark that as a sentence I never though I'd say.) All the boys had aspects to them that made me like them, though in the end, Gabriel ended up being my favorite.

I would say more, but I'm just...I'm in a review-funk lately. But I want to write reviews and read and I can't read and not try to keep up with reviews, or it all goes badly. So, you guys get these so-so reviews. Sorry. =/

But overall, Clarity was an excellent paranormal read. Fun, mysterious, quick, and made me crave summer. Definitely not a book to miss!

--Julie

3 comments:

  1. I'm in the middle of Clarity right now, and I'm LOVING it!
    I'm glad the book is so unpredictable--I have my opinions on who Clare will ends up with, but now that you say it really surprised you... I'm excited to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a great read! I have been wanting to read this book. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this too. I liked it, and agree we were definitely kept guessing, but it just didn't wow me that much.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.