Sunday, 27 March 2011

In My Mailbox (62)

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Lanna:


For Review:

The Lying Game by Sara Shepard  

I wasn't sure if I was going to read this book but seeing as I was sent it, I may as well, it does sound interesting.

Bought:

Indiana by George Sand 

I wanted to get more classics and I was listening to the song Indiana by Meg & Dia and apparently it was inspired by this book which made me want to read this. Plus, the author sounds like she was a really interesting woman.

Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen 

I've heard good things about this one and it was made into a movie (the movie looks kind of adorable too).

Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr 

I wasn't sure if I was going to even finish this series, I read the first two - then I got sent the fifth book for review, so I may as well get the other two. The books are good, they keep me hooked - it's just...when I've finished the book that feeling tends to change. It's like a food that is good to eat but then leaves a not-so-pleasant aftertaste, but maybe the rest of the series will be different.

Spring Awakening by Frank Wedekind 

I like the play and aside from The Crucible and stuff by Shakespeare, I don't really own any plays and I really want to read this one.

You Against Me by Jenny Downham 

Kaisa's review of it on youtube (I can't remember her youtube right now and I may be butchering the spelling of her name) convinced me to get this one, she said it was really good (well, that's an understatement).

Columbine by Dave Cullen 

I have a morbid fascination with things like this, stuff like the Columbine massacre, they're shocking but weirdly interesting to read about...maybe it's something to do with how things like that show humanity at its best and its worst.

What'd you get this week?
Later.

5 comments:

  1. I've heard You Against Me is wonderful, and that The Lying Game is addictive!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Spring Awakening! The play is amazing! (Live. I haven't read the book. Haha.)
    Awesome books this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually quite excited for The Lying Game. I loved her previous series so it looks promising. Hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books this week. I loved the Pretty Little Liars series so I really want to check out The Lying Game. And I also have Columbine on my shelf. I think that's going to be a hard book to read.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved You Against Me! Great book haul!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.