Thursday, 24 March 2011

Memento Nora by Angie Smibert

Memento Nora
Angie Smibert
Marshall Cavendish Children's Books
[April 1, 2011]

On an otherwise glossy day, a blast goes off and a body thuds to the ground at Nora's feet. There are terrorist attacks in the city all the time, but Nora can't forget. So Nora goes with her mother to TFC-a Therapeutic Forgetting Clinic. There, she can describe her horrible memory and take the pill that will erase it. But at TFC, a chance encounter with a mysterious guy changes Nora's life. She doesn't take the pill. And when Nora learns the memory her mother has chosen to forget, she realizes that someone needs to remember.


With newfound friend Micah and Winter, Nora makes a comic book of their memories called Memento. Memento is an instant hit, but it sets off a dangerous chain of events. Will Nora, Micah, and Winter be forced to take the Big Pill that will erase their memories forever?

This was a very interesting dystopian. A different premise from most other ones I've read and I was really into it.

Nora wasn't my favorite character, but she was likable. I think I preferred Micah as a character and as a narrator. His story was just...more interesting and more detailed. I was more invested in it. Winter was an odd character, kind of fun to read about, but so odd and hard to read, I wasn't crazy about her.

My biggest problem was that the book was really short. It meant the world was underdeveloped and I couldn't figure out why things were the way they were and exactly what was going on. I just couldn't get enough detail for the world.

This was a good book, overall. It wasn't anything special for me, but not a bad read. I'll definitely be checking out the sequel.

--Julie

1 comment:

  1. I really liked Memento Nora. You're right in that it certainly could've been developed more, but I thought it did a fine job for its length. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.