Wednesday, 20 April 2011

In Which I Abuse My Power

So, there's this contest. It was a short story contest where we had to rewrite a scene from A Midsummer Night's Dream and the public votes to narrow it down to 20 projects and then from those 20, 5 will be picked by editors at HarperCollins to either be published in an anthology (a legit anthology. That you can BUY IN A STORE.) or get an iSomething.

Obviously, being published is the more awesome prize here.

Which is why I wrote this story. And you know, entered the contest.

Scariest thing I've ever done, by far.

But remember, light 5 sentences ago when I mentioned the voting process? That's where you come in.

I'm a procrastinator, which means I put my short story up about 6 hours before the deadline and therefore there's only a week for me to get enough votes to be in the Top 20. And I would love it if YOU would vote. I'd really prefer it if you'd vote on MY story, but really voting's just a good thing in general.

A vote is giving the short story a rating using the stars at the bottom. I know 5 stars counts as a vote, I'm assuming 1 star, well, doesn't count. But 5 stars is the only thing I KNOW counts for a vote, so you should probably go with that if you want to vote for a story. You can vote once a day, every day until voting closes on April 26. And yes, you do need a facebook account for this. Just log in and you can vote. Your information is NOT accessible after that.

I'm not saying you have to vote for my story and if you do, I'm not going to give you some kind of prize. It's just something that means a lot to me and I'm sure it'll mean a lot to the other entrants and EVERY vote will mean a lot to the Top 20.

So, go vote if you like. If you choose to vote and not read or read and not vote, feel free to do so. Go read some of the entries and maybe vote on them, too. Here's a direct link to all the entries if you don't want to read mine or don't want to be biased or whatever.

Congrats for making it through this whole, rambling mess of a post and thank you if you read/voted/commented on my story!
--Julie

P.S. you should also vote for Erin Lynn Jeffreys Hodges's story! Just saying.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.