Monday, 11 April 2011

An Interview with Lisa Cach

You read my glowing review of Wake Unto Me yesterday, and now we have Lisa Cach on the blog as part of her blog tour! 
 
Let's get straight to the interview.
 
1. If you could be any fictional character, who would you be and why?
    Auntie Mame!  She loved life, and wasn’t afraid to live it.  As she would say, “Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!”



    2. I think your cover is absolutely gorgeous. What are your thoughts on it?
    If I saw it in a bookstore, I’d pick it up.  Which is, after all, the whole point of cover art!  I wish more of the hero’s face was showing, but otherwise I think it’s romantic and evokes the feeling of the story.



    3. When did you start writing? Is there a certain time you realized you wanted to be an author?
    English was always my best subject, but I was probably around 16 or 17 when I started getting the idea that fiction writing – in some form, whether for movies or novels or whatever else might be out there -- was what I wanted to do.  I was not one of those wunderkinds who writes all the time and has three novels under her belt by the time she’s 12.  I just loved to read, and I was good with written words, and wanted to use them in my career.  I didn’t fully recognize that I wanted to write novels (as opposed to scripts, or short stories) until I went to graduate school for a semester, studying professional writing at the University of Southern California; the writing program was dissatisfying for me, and I left after the first term, but I did start writing my first romance novel while I was there, so I guess I have to thank them for something!


    4. What's your favorite part of being an author?
    Ah, being an author:  how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.  I love working from home, love being my own boss, and I love love love that I get to use my imagination to create my work.  Sometimes it seems a little insane, like when I wrote a romantic novella with zombies in it.  Really?  This is my job, to combine zombies and romance?  Fabulous!!!


    5. Can you share anything about your future projects?
    My agent is in talks with a publisher right now for a sequel to Wake Unto Me.  I’ve also got four other story proposals out there, making the rounds.  It’s almost certain I’ll do the Wake Unto Me sequel; I hope I also get to do at least one of the other stories.


    I would definitely, DEFINITELY love a sequel, myself! 

    Thanks so much for stopping by today, Lisa! And thanks to the Teen Book Scene for hosting the tour!

    --Julie

    3 comments:

    1. Great review! I love this author! I hope she does get to do the sequel cause I loved the first one!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I loved Wake Unto Me! I really, really hope that the sequel is greenlit!
      Awesome interview! :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Terrific interview! Sequels are such fun - I'm always glad to see the characters again!

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails

    Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.