Thursday, 14 April 2011

Reasons You Should Pre-Order Hourglass by Myra McEntire (Or at least enter her contest)

Today marks 2 months to the release of Hourglass by Myra McEntire. You may have, somehow, heard me gush about this book. If you're totally bored of me gushing, skip to the end of this post. If you're not? Let me gush some more.

1. In the very first chapter, you read about Southern Belles and plastic surgeons. Kind of. You'll get it when you read it. But I now believe all books should start this way.

2. Emerson is pretty freaking badass. I say that a lot, I know, but this girl is LEGIT. She has a BROWN BELT. And girl is not afraid to use it.

3. The book is my drug. I SWEAR there is CRACK embedded in the pages. It's one of those books where for three or so chapters you say "One more chapter, just one more chapter," and then eventually you say "Eff It" and just read. That homework? Not as important. Dinner? Not as important. The house is on fire? Fine, but I need to finish this chapter! (As I'm writing this, it's 12:36 and I have school tomorrow. But I'm considering reading more of the book.)
4. The romance. OH DEAR GOD THE ROMANCE. There's some epic sexual tension in the book. It's all smoldery and hot and they hold hands and it's like "OH DAMN. OH DAMN. Is it hot in here? You guys burning up? Damn, I need a fan." At the same time, they're rather adorable together.

5. Michael Weaver. I love him the way I love my darling Mr. Darcy. He's romantic and caring and over-protective, but not in that creepy/super jealous way. In that "It doesn't matter if you can take care of yourself, I DON'T WANT YOU TO GET HURT" kind of way. He made my Swoon-worthy Boys list. It's possible I'm keeping him in my room now. Maybe.

6. Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark Snark with a cup of sarcasm on the side. I love me some snark. Especially well done, just plain FUNNY snark.

7. There's some serious mystery in the book. Even when I knew what happened after reading it once I'd be like "I...I...I MUST KNOW HOW THIS TURNS OUT!" Part of me felt like face-palming since I already KNOW, but I also know it's PERFECTLY NATURAL for Hourglass.

8. SO FREAKING FUNNY. I used 60 neon-colored post its to mark bits that made me laugh and while rereading, I've found MORE parts that made me chuckle and I wish I had more post its. But I'm pretty much out of them and I've lost them. But I think it's safe to say I giggle at least 75 times while reading this book.

9. IT'S GOING TO BE SHIMMERY. That's right. SHIM-MER-Y. Which almost makes me think of a MERMAID. There's none in this book, but it's A MERMAID-Y COVER! (I swear, I'm NOT on drugs. Really...) (But, fer serious this cover is blow-my-mind gorgeous.)

10. As gorgeous as the cover is, somehow what's inside is EVEN BETTER. It's seems kind of unbelievable and maybe just a tad impossible. BUT TRUE.

11: When you reread it? It gets even better.

Now that I've given you ALL THESE REASONS to pre-order Hourglass, here's another option. Myra's currently holding a CONTEST where YOU CAN WIN A COPY. Just go here.

OBVIOUSLY if you don't win, you should pre-order. Because I've already told you how fabulous this book is.

And if you're not going to believe me NOW and pre-order it, you'll just have to read my review in June and then go out and buy it.

(If, for some reason, you STILL DON'T BELIEVE ME, there's also this post from Danielle at Frenzy of Noise! And this one from Danielle at Overflowing Shelf! And Harmony at Harmony's Radiant Reads posted about it here!)

--Julie

***That's not the final cover, but the final cover isn't posted many places online and therefore, I can't get you guys a good, clear version. It IS on Myra's blog. Did you see it? It's up there^

3 comments:

  1. *quietly moves Hourglass up the TBR pile*
    You are a MOST EXCELLENT saleswoman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the one hand, you are making me excited for Hourglass! YAY!

    On the other hand, you are making me sad that the release date got pushed back. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preordered and very happy it has arrived. Starting it tonight and I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.