Monday, 9 May 2011

"Books My Co-Blogger is Forcing Me To Read" Week

So, for ages now, I’ve been all, “Julie! You have to read this book!” whenever I read a book that I absolutely adored but she didn’t plan to read on her own. And I pestered and pestered and pestered and I sent her books in a more persistent form of pestering.

Anyway…Now, finally, she’s agreed to read them. And she’s chosen books for me to read too.

Basically, we’re going to have a Books My Co-Blogger Forced Me To Read week. She said that once her exams (finals? Do Americans call them exams? Heh.) were done she would have a week of reading books that I’ve been bugging her to read and I said I’d do the same…although, she was much less annoying than I was about making me read books she loves. =P





Books Lanna is forcing Julie to read:

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Entangled by Cat Clarke
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

Books Julie is forcing Lanna to read:

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Jane by April Lindner
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantasky

We have different tastes, but sometimes there’s overlaps and mutual loves. It'll be fun seeing if these books make it into that overlap of books we both love. Reading starts this week, reviews will start going up next week.

Later.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun challenge for both of you. I am looking forward to seeing if you like the books you're being "forced" to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is such a great idea! I love the books you've both picked out, and I think you'll both be pretty happy with them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!

    You'll have to let us know how you made out - if you liked each others books or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LANNA.

    you have nothing to worry about, girl. all the books Julie picked out for you are FANTASTIC.

    PFFT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea. I've read half of the books you two picked for each other, and I think you're both going to come out of this challenge very happy :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with Lanna and Julie. Especially on Jellicoe Road, the Sky Is Everywhere, Nevermore, and If I Stay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this is very cool! I completely adore Jellicoe Road, The Sky is Everywhere, and If I Stay. The Iron Fey series are quite good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea :) I've read three of the books in this challenge of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for Julie to read Jellicoe Road. Exciting. If I Stay's good. Both of you are in good hands of very good books.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.