Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Entangled by Cat Clarke

Books My Co-Blogger Forced Me to Read Book Two

Entangled
Cat Clarke
Quercus Publishing
[January 6, 2011]

The same questions whirl round and round in my head:
What does he want from me?
How could I have let this happen?
AM I GOING TO DIE?

17-year-old Grace wakes up in a white room, with a table, pens and paper - and no clue how she got here.

As Grace pours her tangled life onto the page, she is forced to remember everything she's tried to forget. There's falling hopelessly in love with the gorgeous Nat, and the unravelling of her relationship with her best friend Sal. But there's something missing. As hard as she's trying to remember, is there something she just can't see?

Grace must face the most important question of all. Why is she here?

A story of dark secrets, intense friendship and electrifying attraction.

What the synopsis also doesn't tell you is that it's so much more than it seems, your mind will be blown, and you might want to throw the book at the end.

I loved Grace. She was kind of stupid and immature and blind to what seemed so obvious to me, but there was still something about her. She's sarcastic and intelligent and I just...I guess I related to her in some way. I just really loved her character.

Everyone else pissed me off like woah. But I can't really talk about that.

The way it was written was really addicting, too. The writing was wonderful and really drew me in and made me want to keep reading. The alternating between present and past was fantastic. The way it was written combined with Grace's voice...amazing.

This was just a fantastic novel and I loved it, though the ending made me mad and confused and I kind of wanted to throw it, like I said before. I can haz sequel, Cat Clarke? Plz?

--Julie

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I hate endings like this!! I've heard good things about this one, though... I definitely want to check it out. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book up to the ending...it will piss you off without a doubt

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.