Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Forgotten
Cat Patrick
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
[June 7, 2011]
Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.

I liked this book a lot more than I expected too.

London was a fabulous character. Seems like a weird thing to say for someone who had to re-do her life everyday, but she had this whole system and every day she was a little different, but still the same person. I also really liked her mom. Super supportive and kind throughout the whole thing. I can't even imagine how hard it must've been on her, though.

I'm writing this quite a time after reading it, but even now the romance stood out to me. London and her boy were just...so adorable. He was sweet and patient and caring. Just...their whole love story was amazing. It was the whole reason I liked the book so much.

I wish I could give this a better review. I can say it was somewhat predictable, but not in a bad way. The characters and the romance was fantastic, and I just really like the whole concept of it. It was way better than I expected. I definitely recommend this one!

--Julie

1 comment:

  1. Forgotten was an interesting read. I was a little confused at the beginning because London remembers the future and not the past, but as I kept reading I got used to the way London remembers stuff. I think what Patrick did with the book was amazing and original.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.