Sunday, 22 May 2011

In My Mailbox (70)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Julie:

Slow week, which really is a good thing. *stares at precarious TBR piles* But I'm really happy about both. Ordinary Beauty looks fantastic (I just loaned it out to my friend for the weekend, but it will soon be mine) and Startled by His Furry Shorts is the seventh Georgia Nicholson series. So now I have the 1, 2, 7, and 9 book. I've only read the first, but I'll read them all some day.

For Review:
Ordinary Beauty by Laura Wiess

Bought:
Startled by His Furry Shorts by Louise Rennison

No vlog this week 'cause I look like crap and I only have one of the books anyway so, why bother?

Thoughts on these books? What's in your mailbox?

--Julie

Lanna:

This week has been pretty awesome. I haven't bought any books in a while (well, "a while" compared to how often I usually do), but I got a bunch this week. I wanted to get some different stuff to what I usually read (although, I did get some YA stuff too).



For review:

Trial by Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Mad Love by Suzanne Selfors

Mad Love sounds cute (but the US cover is so much prettier than the UK one) and I almost squealed in delight when I got Trial by Fire, I absolutely adored the first book (Raised by Wolves).

Bought:

Guitar Highway Rose by Brigid Lowry
The Book of Happy Endings by Elise Valmorbida
Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair by Pablo Neruda
Atonement by Ian McEwan
The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahem
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott
The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade

Any of you read any of those? Like them? Hate them?

Later.

3 comments:

  1. Trial by Fire looks amazing! Can't wait to read it! And I definitely haven't heard of Ordinary Beauty but it looks like it's going to be good. Definitely going to check it out! Great IMM!

    ~Loren
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection of books this week both. ENJOY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Mad Love cover. I got it last month, looks super cute!

    YAY for Trial by Fire!!!

    Happy Reading :)

    Here's my mailbox if you want to check it out
    http://www.readingangel.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-37.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.