Monday, 9 May 2011

Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis

*Kat, Incorrigible
Stephanie Burgis
Atheneum
[April 5, 2011]

Katherine Ann Stephenson has just discovered that she's inherited her mother's magical talents, and despite Stepmama's stern objections, she's determined to learn how to use them. But with her eldest sister Elissa's intended fiancé, the sinister Sir Neville, showing a dangerous interest in Kat's magical potential; her other sister, Angeline, wreaking romantic havoc with her own witchcraft; and a highwayman lurking in the forest, even Kat's reckless heroism will be tested to the upmost. If she can learn to control her new powers, will Kat be able to rescue her family and win her sisters their true love?

I read this over a year ago and when I read it, it was still a 2010 debut titled A Most Improper Magick. Then the date got pushed back and my review got lost in that mess. So here's the review I wrote last June for goodreads (it makes me cringe...sorry).

Kat, Incorrigible is simply fabulous! It truly, truly is.

I read descriptions thinking this sounds cool but the cover made it seem like it was for younger kids and that kind of put me off of that. But I just LOVED this!

This book had so much action and adventure and I loved how spunky and brave Kat was. She's definitely one of my favorite heroines now.

I loved how prissy her sisters could be. Especially Elissa, the gothic-heroine wannabe. Pssh.

Her Stepmama was truly horrendous, and I wish we know more about her dad and birth mom. They seem like fascinating characters and I'd love to see a prequel about their early lives together.

I also loved Mr. Carlyle and Mr. Collingwood. They're so cute.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what other adventures Kat will get into and I hope to see her find a beau as she gets older. ;)

--Julie 

*The book is still A Most Improper Magick in the UK. And the cover posted is the US, but it's the full jacket because the full is adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.