Sunday, 5 June 2011

In My Mailbox (71)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Lanna:

I don't think I did IMM last week, because I only got one book, so I'll add that to this weeks bunch.


Forgot to add a picture of the Inkheart cover, oops.


For review:

Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey

Honestly, the summary of this one isn't a book I'd usually go for unless loads of people told me it was awesome (even though I think the cover is gorgeous), but I love Alyxandra's Drake Chronicles series so I can't wait to read this one.

David by Mary Hoffman

Again, not the kind of book I'd usually go for. I might give it away or have a contest or something if I don't intend to read it.

Bought:

Adverbs by Daniel Handler

I think that's also the guy who writes using the penname Lemony Snicket, right? I read a bunch of quotes from this one on goodreads and it made me wanna read it.

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

I've heard really mixed things about this one, but cover lust won out (plus the summary sounded good). Fun fact: a photographer from deviantart whose photos I've loved and been subscribed to for a while had one of her pictures used for the German cover (this book practically won the YA cover lottery, the UK, US and German covers are all gorgeous).

Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari

I'm in a dystopian and contemporary phase. Divergent has me craving more epic dystopian books but I'm not sure I'll find one that can top it any time soon.
Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield

Can't remember how I stumbled across this one but reading goodreads quotes from it made me want to read it.

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

I've always been on the fence about reading this. On one hand, so many people gush about its amazingness but then...it doesn't sound like the kind of book I'd be into and the movie didn't make me want to read it even though I think the idea of the story is brilliant. But, I caved thanks to a piece of fan art I saw on deviantart.

I really need to get some sort of calander/diary with book release dates because so many books are being released that I want to read but by the time the release date comes I have forgotten about them and end up buying older books instead.

Um, anyway, enough rambling. I don't think Julie is doing IMM this week. What'd you guys get? And have you read any of the books I got? If yes, did you like them?

Later.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome books this week. I can't wait to read Haunting Violet and Starcrossed. Can't wait to see your reviews. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haunting Violet isn't exactly a book I'd read either so I'm looking forward to what you'll think of it :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Inkheart, the movie kind of sucked. But Inkheart was the book that got me addicted to reading! Enjoy your books(;

    Lisa
    Heres my IMM: http://turningpages94.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-9.html
    and make sure to check out my 50 Follower Giveaway!:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard awesome things about Starcrossed .. I hope you'll like it.
    Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books. I believe Haunting Violet is on its way to me but I don't know! :( I hope it is!
    I have Inkheart on my TBR too but I haven't got round to it yet! :(
    Hope you enjoy your books! :) x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.