Sunday, 12 June 2011

In My Mailbox (72)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Lanna:

I didn't buy any books (although I did get one other book, sort of - I'll explain below) but I got some awesome books this week for review, I'm really excited to read all three of them.

(picture was taken on my phone = sucky quality)
For review:

Wolf Blood by N. M. Browne
Gamerunner by B. R. Collins
Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs

They all sound awesome. :)

Annnd a book not for review that is a book but sort of not a book...except it kind of is (lolwhut?):




Tomorrow, Infinite by...well, me.

To those of you that do NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) or have heard of it, you'll probably know that the winners each year (at least every year I've been taking part) get a free proof copy of their book printed up from CreateSpace and that is mine.

It's not actually the story that I wrote for NaNo, because I decided that I hated that and won't finish it until enough time has passed for me to not hate it anymore (that's my process: excited about idea, write idea, hate idea, ignore idea for months, look back later and decide it's not *so* bad and start writing it again), so instead of wasting the free proof copy, I used it for something else.

The cover...you may have seen it before if you've been following the blog for a while. I made it for a recreate a cover contest last year sometime and decided to edit it and use it for my own story. (And the title is odd, it makes sense after reading the story.) :)

Later.

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I've never done that before! Do you want it to be published? Well, besides that kind of published, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be amazing to see something you have written as a finished book :D
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your book! It must be amazing to have it printed, even if it's just for you :D

    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know NaNoWriMo offered that! Then I again, I only took part last year and failed by day 3, so I wouldn't know :P
    Your cover is gorgeous.

    You got some really good books this week (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do all sound awesome; I'm especially interesting in Tempest Rising. Congratulations on NaNoWriMo! Although I have never entered, I have heard of it. Having your own book published (even just a proof) is definitely amazing! Happy reading! (my IMM).

    the Novel Nook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap, Lanna, did they give you more than one?
    BECAUSE I WANTZ ONE.

    Also, Tempest Rising sounds aweeesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so exciting! I bet that is a great feeling! Congrats on the book!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.