Sunday, 19 June 2011

In My Mailbox 73

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Julie:

Quite a few books this week, so I'm just gonna jump into it:



For Review:
Blood Red Road by Moira Young (audiobook and finished copy)
Fateful by Claudia Gray
Queen of the Dead by Stacy Kade
Sharks & Boys by Kristen Tracy

Won:
Possession by Elana Johnson

Gifted:
Red Glove by Holly Black
Never Sit Down in a Hoopskirt and Other Things I Learned in Southern Belle Hell by Crickett Rumley

Bought:
Hourglass by Myra McEntire
The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
Die for Me by Amy Plum
Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma

Thank you to P and S at Simon and Schuster, M at HarperTeen J at Disney-Hyperion, Alex at Electrifying Reviews, Briana at The Book Pixie, and April at Good Books & Good Wine!

I'm SO excited for these books and it makes me happy I'm doing the Book-A-Day Challenge.

Lanna:

I got 12 books this week, I think, so...:



For review:


Miss Peregrine's House for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

The book sounds really odd, but good odd. And the book itself is gorgeous - everything from the cover, to the way it looks without the dust jacket to the inside with the pictures and things.

Exile by Rebecca Lim

I really liked the first book, Mercy, so I can't wait to read this one. :)


Bought:

Penguin Epics: Cupid and Pysche by Apuleius

Reading Mad Love, although I didn't love that book, made me want to read the original Cupid/Pysche story.

Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

I meant to get this a while ago, I loved Shade. I hate that I got the UK cover though (the shelfari print screen shows the US one but I got the UK) - I think the UK ones are awful, but the US one was more than double the price and I may be a coverwhore but it seemed a bit silly paying extra when I could just get another book instead for the extra amount.

Hourglass by Myra McEntire

...I think Julie has spammed the blog enough about this book over the past few months that I don't need to comment.

Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence

I've been wanting to read this for a while, my best friend adores the story.

Queen of the Dead
by Stacey Kade

I needed to get this one after reading the first book, it was just cute and addictive (cover comment: does it bug anyone else when their series don't match? The copy of the first one I have is paperback, this is hardcover, gah! Not as annoying as the Shade/Shift mismatching but still).


The String of Pearls by Thomas Preskett

This is the original Sweeney Todd story, the one that the movie and all that is based on.

Ultraviolet by R J Anderson

It just sounded interesting and I saw a few good reviews of it.

Ulysses by James Joyce
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

More classics that I want to read eventually.

A Little Wanting Song
by Cath Crowley

I desperately want to read her other book, Graffiti Moon, but it's not out in the US or UK and the shipping from Australian sites is insane, so I'll just read this one.

Later.

6 comments:

  1. AGREED! Ransom Riggs book was fantastic! Just finished it last night. Got a bit slow sometimes but was great overall. I know the layout is lovely. And wait until you see the pictures a nice addition to it. Especially the last photo, very sweet and my favourite :) Happy reading girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow graet books. I really like how you set the post out. Have a great week & Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for buying Hourglass, great book!

    I'm excited about Fateful, it sounds really interesting. Also, Miss Peregrine - I'm looking forward to reading that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both got lots of great books! Love Blood Red Road :)

    Hope you both enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those look like some great books! I really want to pick up a copy of Die For Me...I think the cover is gorgeous...so next trip to the bookstore I think I'm picking up Hourglass and Die For Me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great vlog! I am really excited to read Hourglass and Beauty Queens. I hope you both enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.