Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves


Bleeding Violet
by Dia Reeves


Summary: Love can be a dangerous thing...

Hanna simply wants to be loved. With a head plagued by hallucinations, a medicine cabinet full of pills, and a closet stuffed with frilly, violet dresses, Hanna's tired of being the outcast, the weird girl, the freak. So she runs away to Portero, Texas in search of a new home.

But Portero is a stranger town than Hanna expects. As she tries to make a place for herself, she discovers dark secrets that would terrify any normal soul. Good thing for Hanna, she's far from normal. As this crazy girl meets an even crazier town, only two things are certain: Anything can happen and no one is safe.

Well then. This book...yes. Well.



The book was pretty much warped to the max. And I mean that in the very best way -- it was just so wonderfully weird.

It’s one of those books that leaves you thinking, “WTF was this author smoking when she came up with this and where can I get some?”…again, I mean that in the very best way. It’s one of those stories that are just so freaking odd and unusual that it shouldn’t work. But it does. And I can’t quite figure out how Dia Reeves managed to put all this oddness together in a way that made sense, but she did and she is so freaking awesome for being able to do that. Seriously, I want her brain. Or just the imagination part.

Because of how strange the book is, I honestly can’t think of what else to say in this review. I mean, I could tell you how I loved the characters or the writing or their relationships or the plot or the world in the book but…it’d just sound so generic. And generic and anything to do with this book really don’t belong together because the book was the farthest thing from generic, it was one of the most original books I’ve read in a long time and I loved it.

And basically, just…why did I wait so long to read this? I wish I had read it sooner.

And I’m going to shut up now because I can’t think of anything else to say (at least not anything that will make sense to anyone who hasn’t read the book or that won’t spoil it).

Later.

3 comments:

  1. Love that gif! I have heard wonderful things about this. It sounds really good. Hey your review was enough to convince me that this ones a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW RIGHT. I literally finished that book, picked up the phone and called my bestie and said "Read. this." She asked me if it was good, and I said, it's the oddest thing. So. Read. This.

    I liked it and had the very same thought process you had. I also bought Slice of Cherry by her, but I haven't gotten to read it yet.

    Btw, I think that's as close as you can come to a review of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really want to read this one!! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.