Sunday, 3 July 2011

In My Mailbox 75

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Julie:                                                                                                                                                        

Last weekend, I had no internet (it crapped out just before the vote for gay marriage in NY. I can't even EXPLAIN my annoyance about that), so obviously I couldn't do IMM. So this is two weeks worth of books...if I remember everything.


Last Week:

For Review:
Putting Makeup on Dead People by Jen Violi + Disney Hyperion cards
Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz (x2)
Little Women and Me by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

This Week:

Bought:
Legacy by Cayla Kluver
Life of Pi by Yann Martel

--Julie

Lanna:



For review:

The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
The Cardturner by Louis Sachar

I had just pulled an all nighter when these arrived in the post and I was all sleepy-excited when I saw The Name of the Star (I think I may have excitedly IM'd Julie -- I was kind of zombie-ish from lack of sleep so I can't quite remember). The Cardturner isn't really my mind of book, but I might read it and end up loving it anyway.


Bought:

Hamlet by Shakespeare

I own the complete works of Shakespeare, but it's massive so it's not exactly good for just sitting down and reading so I got a an individual copy of Hamlet - I've been meaning to read it for ages.

Oedipus Rex by Sophocles

Another one I've been meaning to read for a while. It sounds so screwed up, like a bad soap opera. :P

Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter

Loved the first book, can't wait to read this one. I need to have like, a week for just reading sequels.

I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan

Sounds awesome, heard good things about it and throw in some major cover lust. o.O

Also, I finally got my Adobe Digital Editions working again so I can download/read e-books/e-galleys so I got a few from netgalley (only one I can think of right now is Ashfall by Mike Mullen). Anyway, what'd you guys get this week?

Later.

2 comments:

  1. awesome books for you both this week. I am especially jealous of Putting Make Up on Dead People... I dont think that even has a UK Pub :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting Makeup On Dead People looks like it could be either good or bad, so I'll be interested to see what you think! Forbidden could be creepy. The Caredturner looks fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.