Sunday, 31 July 2011

In My Mailbox 79

Julie:

Won:
Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan
The Poison Diaries by Maryrose Wood

For Review:

Dreams of Significant Girls by Cristina Garcia

Gotta say, Glow is one of the softest ARCs I've ever had. And The Poison Diaries is the UK paperback edition, so the cover's a little different than the American edition.

--Julie

Lanna:

For Review:






Books 1-7 in the H.I.V.E series by Mark Walden

There was a bag and t-shirt too, cause we're part of the blog tour for the new book in the series. These sound fun, when I read the summary it reminded me of Ally Carter's books only less girly.

Hartslove by K.M. Grant
Mister Creecher by Christ Priestly
School Blues by Daniel Pennac

Not sure if any of those are my kind of thing, but we'll see.

Oh, and I forgot to add it into the picture, but I also got a paperback copy of The Legacy by Gemma Malley -- I have the hardcover already and the rest of the series that I have is hardcover too so I'll have to find someone to give the paperback to. 

Bought:

I don't have a picture for these ones, so here's a Shelfari print screen:




I think it Stacy from Chapter Chicks who reviewed and recommended this book ages ago and it's been on my wish list ever since but it was always really expensive (hardcover and not published in the UK), so I waited for the price to go down a bit.


Loved the first book, can't wait to read this one. (I think the UK cover and title is different?)


You can blame Jackson Pearce for that one, she mentions them a lot and it made me want to re-read them.

Stalin: A Biography by Robert Service

Books like Between Shades of Gray (amazing) and Doctor Zhivago put me in the mood to read about things like Stalin and the Russian revolution and the Soviet occupation of the Baltic States and all that, so I figured I'd start with this book.

And I think that's all this week. What'd you guys get? Have you read any of the ones I mentioned, what'd you think of them if you have?

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Great books! I have not read the HIVE series but I love the covers. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books! I haven't read the HIVE series but it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.