Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Love Story by Jennifer Echols

Love Story
Jennifer Echols
Gallery/MTV Books
[July 19, 2011]

She's writing about him. he's writing about her. And everybody is reading between the lines..

For Erin Blackwell, majoring in creative writing at the New York City college of her dreams is more than a chance to fulfill her ambitions--it's her ticket away from the tragic memories that shadow her family's racehorse farm in Kentucky. But when she refuses to major in business and take over the farm herself someday, her grandmother gives Erin's college tuition and promised inheritance to their maddeningly handsome stable boy, Hunter Allen. Now Erin has to win an internship and work late nights at a coffee shop to make her own dreams a reality. She should despise Hunter . . . so why does he sneak into her thoughts as the hero of her latest writing assignment?

Then, on the day she's sharing that assignment with her class, Hunter walks in. He's joining her class. And after he reads about himself in her story, her private fantasies about him must be painfully clear. She only hopes to persuade him not to reveal her secret to everyone else. But Hunter devises his own creative revenge, writing sexy stories that drive the whole class wild with curiosity and fill Erin's heart with longing. Now she's not just imagining what might have been. She's writing a whole new ending for her romance with Hunter . . . except this story could come true.

I'm gonna admit, I'm biased.

See, these aren't secrets, but maybe you don't know. I love animals, all kinds. Horses are just one of the many I adore and I always wanted one and I've TRIED to tell my dad we probably have room in our backyard, but he won't buy it. I also write and want to be able to publish my work, but being more realistic, I want to work in publishing. I'm not entirely sure what I wanna do yet, but I'm leaning towards marketing/publicity. And I also come from a town so small, several towns are combined to make one school district and most of them will never leave New York even for college.

So imagine my surprise when I read this book about a girl who loves horses and writes novels and wants to work in publishing (as an editor) and leaves her small town (okay, her grandma's horse ranch) to go to New York City for college.

Circumstances are definitely different, but there were similarities. And then she's also a lot like the female version of Brent from the Naughty Book Kitties and yeah, I'm biased to like this character. I think if you like me and/or Brent, you can like this girl.

So, now that we've gotten past that. I loved the format here. Sometimes we get to read what Erin and Hunter were writing, which I really liked. They both had all these stories that told so much about them and they were so different. And the writing made me want to keep reading. I just wanted to finish, see how things ended up. But I also wanted to savor it.

I wasn't a huge fan of the romance. Mostly because they were so up and down and there were lies galore and I wasn't sure if I wanted them together in the first place. But at the same time, I guess it was realistic. It made sense for the characters.

I wasn't entirely happy with the ending. I don't know I just...I guess I wanted more from it. I hoped for more. After hearing all of Jennifer Echols' books hyped so much, I was looking for something different in the ending.

Overall, I really did love this book. I can't explain entirely why, I just know I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm already getting the itch to reread it. I do highly recommend it, but I think it'll be a book you could feel either way about.

--Julie

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked this book and I get where you had some issues! I have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.