Sunday, 21 August 2011

In My Mailbox (82)

Lanna:


Note: I have the UK versions of Dark Inside and Dearly Departed, the covers in the shelfari print screen are the US versions, but the goodreads links below take you to the versions I have.

For Review:

The Poison Diaries: Nightshade
by Maryrose Wood

I think this is the second book in a series? So I can't read it until I buy and read the first.

Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts

That one sounds awesome, I can't wait to start it.

Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel

Already started reading this one and I like it so far. Should have a review up for it soon.

Bleeding Hearts by Alyxandra Harvey

I can't wait to read this one. It's the fourth book in the Drake Chronicles and I love the series, s'really fun (wasn't *too* fond of the second book but the first and especially the third were really good).
Bought:

The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

I loved The Kite Runner graphic novel I was sent for review, and the movie, so I bought the actual book and his other book.

Anyway, what'd you guys get this week? :)
Later.

Julie:                                                                                                                                                        

Well, first off, I'm massively jealous of Dearly, Departed. I've been lusting for that book for what feels like forever.

And second, no vlog this week. I had four teeth forcibly removed from my head this morning (it's currently Saturday night), so I had no control over my lower jaw until like 6 o'clock and then I was too tired to vlog. Plus, it wasn't worth it.

For Review:

...???:
Firelight and Vanish swag from Sophie Jordan (Team Draki bracelets, Firelight and Vanish post cards and Firelight stickers)

Now I will go watch The Tudors until I pass out...and maybe I'll put some more gauze in my mouth while I'm at it.

--Julie

7 comments:

  1. Great books, both of you! I want to read Dearly, Departed as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh fab IMM! Dearly beloved sounds so good!Enjoy your books :) Check out My IMM

    Mia @ Gripped into Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of Dearly, Departed too! It sounds awesome.
    And poor Julie! Hope you feel better! (Protip: frozen peas/corn work way better than ice! Keep it on your face for like 20 minutes at a time. I did this and did not swell at all.) :)
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearly Departed sounds like an interesting read! I absolutely adore the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books! Enjoy them both of you :)

    My IMM: http://bookhi.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the cover of Dearly Departed. It looks pretty cool. The Poison Diaries: Nightshade has shown up a few IMM's today. I'm really curious about it now.

    Happy Reading,
    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bleh. So disappointed that The Poison Diaries has a sequel; I thought it was a really strong standalone. Just the right amount of bittersweetness in the ending.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.