Monday, 22 August 2011

Vampire Academy: Graphic Novel


Vampire Academy
Graphic Novel


by Richelle Mead, Leigh Dragoon (adaption) and Emma Vieceli (illustrator)


UK Release date: August 23rd 2011


Summary: After two years on the run, best friends Rose and Lissa are caught and returned to St. Vladimir's Academy, a private high school for vampires and half-bloods. It's filled with intrigue, danger - and even romance. Enter their dark, fascinating world through a new series of 144-page full-color graphic novels. The entire first Vampire Academy novel has been adapted for book one by Leigh Dragoon and overseen by Richelle Mead, while the beautiful art of acclaimed British illustrator Emma Vieceli brings the story to life.
This was awesome and I'm really glad I read it. I'm a big fan of the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead and it was really fun to go back and read the first story again but in a different way.

I wasn't too fond of the Lissa and Rose illustrations at first, but they grew on me and I loved them by the end, especially Rose. Dimitri and Christian are swoon-worthy even in drawings, they were my favourite characters and I loved all the scenes with those two. I loved seeing the story visually instead of just in words (although, I kind of wish there was a bit more of the Dimitri/Rose scenes drawn in there but what was included was good).

I haven't read a lot of graphic novels, but ones like this one do make me want to read more, it really did justice to the original story and if you're a fan of the Vampire Academy series then I suggest reading it. The graphic novel is more fast paced than the book because the story is condensed and it takes less than an hour to read so it's perfect for if you want to re-read the story but don't have time to re-read the whole book (like me).

If you haven't read the books yet, I suggest maybe reading the books first because if you start with the graphic novel then you'll know what all the plot twists are and it could make the book less enjoyable to read but that isn't an issue if you read the graphic novel first because the pictures aspect is a novelty and keeps you reading.

Rating (I know I don't include ratings often but it's difficult to review a graphic novel of a story I've already reviewed - there's not much to say about it): 4 stars.

Later.

6 comments:

  1. I was curious to see how this would compare to the novels. I love them so much, I'm scared to see it in a different format, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot about this! I'm not a huge Graphic Novel fan but I've read a dozen or so and enjoyed them - especially when they're from worlds I already love. I'll be picking this one up. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just gotten into manga so I was really excited when I heard about it. I just finished it. Agreed, very fast read. And Sure Rose could have looked a little different but they got the hair and essence of rose down pretty well. I really enjoyed it, and it makes me want to read the whole series all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this one. I haven't read all that many graphic novels either but I'm getting a taste for it :) + I love the VA series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The books are great. Love them! I am excited abaut that grafick novel... I cant wait to read it...Were can I read it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be available in bookstores and libraries every where. And if it's not, just ask about it.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.