Friday, 9 September 2011

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

The Forest of Hands and Teeth
Carrie Ryan
Delacorte Books for Young Readers
[March 10, 2009]


In Mary's world there are simple truths. The Sisterhood always knows best. The Guardians will protect and serve. The Unconsecrated will never relent. And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth. But, slowly, Mary’s truths are failing her. She’s learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness.
When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future—between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?
I kind of loved this.

It was creepy without scaring me and beautifully written. I loved Mary and just...all of the characters. They were perfectly balanced and flawed and just wonderful.

The story itself was something I haven't read before. I've never read a zombie book and most dystopians are more futuristic, so this was a nice change of pace.

I loved the writing and the story and I'm really excited to get into the sequel (companion?)! But I'm waiting to read it until after I get the third book so I can just sit and read those two without any waits.

I definitely loved and recommend this book! Even though my review's short, it's 'cause I read this book a month ago and I'm so sleepy I tried to spell dystopian with a 'z.' So, yeah, be happy with a short review.

--Julie

3 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. And you can spell dystopian any way you want, we'll know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this series. It gets even better as they go on, and the last one is my absolute favorite. I love how she has absolutely no problem killing off a main character. Will Edward get killed in Twilight? No. If Carrie Ryan wrote it, I wouldn't be so sure. I'm jealous of your future reads!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.