Monday, 10 October 2011

Bunheads by Sophie Flack

Bunheads
Sophie Flack
Poppy
[October 10, 2011]
As a dancer with the ultra-prestigious Manhattan Ballet Company, nineteen-year-old Hannah Ward juggles intense rehearsals, dazzling performances and complicated backstage relationships. Up until now, Hannah has happily devoted her entire life to ballet.

But when she meets a handsome musician named Jacob, Hannah's universe begins to change, and she must decide if she wants to compete against the other "bunheads" in the company for a star soloist spot or strike out on her own in the real world. Does she dare give up the gilded confines of the ballet for the freedoms of everyday life?

 So...I kind of loved this book.

I loved Hannah, so much. She was a dancer, but she was also a real person. I loved her personality and her interactions with the other dancers. Every dancer was different and so was her relationship with the. And Jacob made me happy. So happy. 

I loved the plot of this book. Hannah's complex relationship with ballet was a really interesting read. There was also the whole romance which I adored. At times it kind of made me want to smack Hannah, but I understood why everything was happening.

The writing was really good. It kept me interested the entire time I was reading and I got through it really quickly. I also loved how the book was split up. It made it easier to really see how the timeline works in ballet.

Overall, this is just another awesome book about performing that's coming out this month. Definitely one you want to check out!

--Julie

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I'm reading it right now and loving it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.