Sunday, 16 October 2011

In My Mailbox (89)

Lanna:

So I actually recorded a vlog this week...but I was ill when I filmed it (and had also just woken up), so awkwardness was set to maximum and my voice, which is quiet at the best of times, was really too quiet and then more books arrived and I didn't want to refilm, so scrapping the vlog and going with pictures. If I ever have new books and the house to myself again, I'll try the vlog thing again. But anyway, books I got this week:

For Review:




Footloose by Rudy Josephs - I really do not approve of them remaking the movie. But anyway, the book could be good, my experiences with books make from movies haven't been too good but I haven't read enough to say I don't like them yet.

Torn by Cat Clarke - I may have fangirled at little when this arrived (well, I'm more of a reserved, introverted fangirling type - but I was totally squealing with delight on the inside). I absolutely loved her first book, Entangled

Dead of Winter by Chris Priestly - I've been sent about 4 copies of this book now, it seems to have gone through quite a few cover redesigns. I don't think it's my kind of thing but my nephew liked it.

Bought:




Teeth Marks by Rose Moxham - I think I stumbled across this one on an Aussie book site while looking for a site that would give me my Aussie YA fix without having insane shipping costs.

My Kind of Girl by Buddaheva Bose - This one was recommended to me, I think it's a book of 4 short stories, maybe?

The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton - This was one of my "I ordered online while I was sleepy" (which I have a tendency to do) books

Dark Angel by Eden McGuire - Another sleepy-buy. I don't even know what it's about, I'm guessing angels?

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynn Jones - I've heard so many awesome things about her and this book of hers in particular, decided to give it a try.

Random Acts of Heroic Love by Danny Scheinmann - Last of the "I was half asleep!" books...

Sorry for the lack of Goodreads links this time, but I'm still ill and so tired right now, I just want to turn the laptop off and snuggle under the covers watching Lost in Austen until I fall alsleep. What'd you guys get this week?

Later.

Julie:
Doing this quick because I have to take care of a fake baby this weekend and it's finally asleep so *I* can sleep!

For Review:
Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon

Thanks HarperTeen!

--Julie

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read Torn, and now that you've said how much liked Entangled, I really want to read that too! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.