Sunday, 23 October 2011

In My Mailbox (90)

Lanna:



For Review:


Fracture by Megan Miranda - I was going to request this one on NetGalley and then it showed up today. It looks really interesting, can't wait to read it.

Exile by Jakob Ejersbo - I don't really know what this one is about, even after reading the summary I was still a bit, "Huh?" about it but I'm excited to read it. I just wish it had a better summary that was more short and to the point. It sounds like it has a kind of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo back story where the trilogy was published after the author had died and it's being translated to English after publication in another language thing.

Bought:

A Game of Thrones by George R. Martin - I love the show, I wasn't going to read the books because I've heard the show stays pretty true to the book but I changed my mind and decided to check them out.

Stardust by Neil Gaiman - I always hear amazing things about Neil Gaiman but the only book of his that I read (The Graveyard Book) I wasn't that into so I wanted to try another one to see if it worked better for me.

So what'd you guys get this week?

Later.

Julie:



For Review:
The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Won:
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Gifted:
Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers + Last Rite bookmarks

Just...all of the awesome things are here. Yup, they are.

Any input on these books?

--Julie

10 comments:

  1. Stardust is a great first read for Neil Gaiman! I love, love, love that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Night Circus was just a wonderful book to read. Loved it. You guys look like you had an awesome week. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read The Iron King, I really need to finish the series! I've heard tons of good things, but I always end up picking up a different book to read.
    Anyways, enjoy your books!

    Lisa
    http://turningpages94.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have some good good books to read there, hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got Fracture as well it sounds really good I'm looking forward to it.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to what you think about Night Circus! I read it last week and still don't know what to think. Very strange but rather lovely.

    http://missourireadings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fracture seems to be everywhere! :D

    Great mailbox :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set! So cool that you got Stardust. I want to read more Neil Gaiman. I have Game of Thrones but haven't read it yet.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to read Stardust and The Night Circus too. I already read Fracture, email me if you want to compare notes. Here's my IMM, http://novelminded.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-3.html Happy reading you two!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some really great book. I've been seeing Fracture around a lot today, I really want to read that one. I got The Night Circus last week, and look forward to reading it. Great IMM's though. :)

    Here is my IMM for this week: IMM(4)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.