Thursday, 24 November 2011

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter

Please note that this is the second book in the Gallagher Girls series, so there will be spoilers for the first book in the summary (but my review will be relatively spoiler free).

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy
by Ally Carter


Summary: Cammie Morgan is back, and it's clear that her life hasn't calmed down since the events of I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You. At first, giddy anticipation is in the air. Gallagher Academy, Cammie's elite spy school, is hosting a visit from a covert training center for boys.

Soon after the boys' arrival, though, everything goes dangerously awry when a series of security breaches are discovered at the academy. Worse yet, teenage agent-in-training Cammie is being blamed for the penetration. With the school's top-secret status at risk, the Gallagher Girls have to work quickly to save their beloved school.
I loved the first book in the series. These books are just really cute and fun to read - I read the first book ages ago and while I wanted to read the sequel it wasn't one of the sequels that I immediately read as soon as I got my hands on it...it's one of those books that you know what to expect with, so you save it for the right time.

With these books, the right time is when you need a quick and light read, something fun to cheer you up when you've been down or to give you a breather after reading one of those sad books that are havoc on your emotions.

Cammie is such an awesome character - she's smart, she kicks ass but she's still got that element of normal teenage girlness to her. She still gets nervous around boys she likes and she may be training to be a spy but she makes mistakes and she's still figuring things out - about being a spy, and growing up and I dunno, I liked that a lot.

The other characters in the books are awesome too, I love the friendships in the books (I keep saying books, plural, because this is more a blanket review of this book and the first one instead of getting spoiler-y) and the romance...it's not the makes-you-swoon, gets-your-heart-racing kind, it's just sweet and I like that a lot too.

The only issue I had with this book was Zach. Now, he was lovely, but I'm not a fan of characters who are OTT mysterious and cryptic and he totally was and in the end, I still didn't really feel like I had totally figured out him or his motives, I still didn't really get some of his comments...maybe it's just because I was uber-tired when I read it, but I wish there was more about him revealed in the end.

Anyway, basically, I really recommend these books. They're fun and funny and I want to read the rest of them now - I'm not sure if I have the 3rd one so I'm going to wrap up this review so I can go check.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.