Monday, 21 November 2011

I'm Thankful For...

So, the American Thanksgiving is this upcoming Thursday. I decided to kind of honor the holiday and thank the people who are important in my blogging life. I've roped a few other bloggers into doing this with me this week, but anyone is free to join in!

I'll be doing most of my thanking on twitter, but a few special people I need to thank:

Harmony: Harmony's pretty much my best friend. She's there whenever I need to rant, whether it be book related, blogging related, or personal. Nothing's off limits and that's something I need in my life. We may live across the country from each other, but I don't know what I'd do without her. Harmony's like my younger, prettier twin. Thank you, so much, for all you do Harmony.

C.J. Redwine: She wrote a post for me earlier this year, so it's only fair I write at least part of one for her. C.J. is kind of an inspiration to me. She's incredibly giving and funny and kind. She helps with charities and she's a major cupcake fan. Strong, courageous, and gorgeous, C.J.'s just all around awesome. I also have no doubt in my mind that her book is incredible and I will love it to pieces. I want to be C.J. when I grow up. Thank you, C.J., for setting an amazing example.

Jodi Meadows: Jodi is another incredible, talented person. She knows how to write one hell of a book, can knit some amazing things, and is just wonderfully creative. She's supportive and cares fiercely about her friends. Jodi is funny and a sweetheart, but she also has the same kind of pet peeves I do. Incarnate is amazing, Jodi is beautiful inside and out, and she's just a fantastic person overall. Thank you, Jodi, for being there and for sharing your talents with the world.

Lanna: This is something we both do every time we have to talk about each other because it's true. This blog couldn't exist without Lanna. I wouldn't know the many, many amazing people I know now. I wouldn't have all the experience in the book industry I have. I wouldn't have read nearly as many books that I loved because I wouldn't have known I'd love them. I wouldn't know what I want to be when I grow up. I wouldn't own half as much music. Without Lanna, I'd be a totally different person. While I'm not 100% happy with who I am now, I don't think I could be as happy as I am if I was someone else. Thank you, Lanna, for making me, me.

And all of your wonderful readers: In the time it took me to post, we reached 900 followers. Thank you, each and everyone, for sticking with us for the past couple years.

So, I'll be tweeting my gratitude in the days leading up to Thanksgiving to other people, but I just had to highlight these four now. 

If you want to do something like this, feel free to leave a link in the comments, tweet me, or email me. I'll edit it in because Mr. Linky and I don't see eye to eye so it just works better. But make sure to thank the people in your lives for they've all they done at some point this week, even if it's just a hug or a thank you or a phone call. Sometimes we all need that reminder we're important to someone, you know?

--Julie

1 comment:

  1. Okay...so I had an awful day and this was the first thing to make me really properly smile and mean it all day. You're completely awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.