Sunday, 27 November 2011

In My Mailbox 94

So, WEEEEE book time!

[For the record, I had a video and it was awesome. It had my current favorite CD playing in the background and I read the descriptions or gave my own summary of the books, I had release dates and publishers for the review books and thanks for everyone who supplied me with books but youtube's being an absolute asshole. It won't recognize my webcam and when I left the video I recorded separately uploading to youtube for three hours, it didn't upload at ALL. Then youtube continued to ignore my webcam. I tried guys, I tried so hard. Also, I need music recommendations. Leave those below. I'd also love historical fiction or fantasy YA similar to Eva Ibbotson - so royalty makes it better and I love my romance, especially when there's some reason it's forbidden. Leave those below too.]

For Review:
Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts
A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink

For the Birthday:
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
$50 in B&N gift cards
Other stuff y'all don't care about

 Thank you to LibraryThing, PenguinTeen, Simon and Schuster, my family, and Lanna!

Anything sparking your interest?

--Julie

5 comments:

  1. Lola And The Boy Next Door sounds amazing, hope you enjoy it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Lola sounds amazing. Hope you enjoy it.

    As far as music recs go, what kind of music do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darla - A variety of stuff. As long as it's not rap or opera or overly electronic, I can try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Music Recs:

    um, I love the entire Vampire Diaries soundtracks, particularly Running Up That Hill by Placebo, Drop in the Ocean by Ron Paul, and Cut by Plumb. I'm also a dancer, so excuse the darker contemporary tastes :) I love Walking On Air by Kerli (new obsession), Howl by Florence and the Machine, and any covers by Sam Tsui. To write to, I listen to music scores and tributes to The Vampire Diaries and Twilight. I just love their feels.

    Lighter tastes?
    Hip to My Heart by The Band Perry was the song that made me fall in love with them months before they got popular.
    Wild at Heart by Gloriana
    Upside Down by Jack Johnson (feel good song)
    Alright by Darius Rucker

    As for the books?
    Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
    Entwined by Heather Dixon

    (both more fantasy)

    Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly is my FAVORITE book and historical fantasy, but I don't know if it's what you're looking for.

    Fateful by Claudia Gray (it was okay to me, but it fits everything you're looking for)

    Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey


    enough for this (probably) really long comment. Sorry for the rambling! :)


    As for the romance? I live for romance? Just check out my blog if you want to see recommendations because I am a romance girl at heart :) Happy (late?) birthday!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie - here's a few of my favorite artists: Art of Dying, Atomic Tom, Cavo, Crossfade, Halestorm, Hinder, Nickelback, Red, SafetySuit, Seether, Saliva, Shinedown, Sixx: AM, Skillet, Story of the Year, Thousand Foot Krutch, Within Temptation.

    Also check out the website last.fm you can look up your favorite artists and it will show you music similar to theirs.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.