Friday, 30 December 2011

19 Most Anticipated 2012 Releases

I've already read a number of 2012 releases and I can already tell it's going to be a fabulous book year. We're still in 2011 yet I already have 7 competitors for best books of 2012. But I'm not ruling out other books just yet! These are 12 books that I hope will also join the battle for my favorites next December (Not in any actual order, but numbered because leaving them unnumbered will bother me).

1. The Diviners by Libba Bray

I've loved Libba Bray for years. She's always provided me with something new to explore, a new genre to read. As a person, she's funny and intelligent, and her books are always my favorites. I've got no doubt that she'll pull me in again with a new historical. November's a long ways a way, but hopefully I won't get too anxious.

2. Last Rite by Lisa Desrochers

The end to one of my favorite series! I love these books and the conflict and the legit love triangle because so many supposed love triangles AREN'T love triangles so much as two guys where one will obviously win. But in this series? I wouldn't rule out anyone. Not to mention the fact that my obsession with getting the first book introduced me to Lisa. As sad as I am to see this series go, I'm really excited to see how it all ends and I'm looking forward to whatever Lisa has in store for us in the future.


3. The Selection by Kiera Cass

I don't know what it is about this book that makes me lust for it so. But I see the word "prince" and "caste" and realize there's forbidden romance, but maybe something better out there that's not so forbidden and I get excited. I have no doubt that this is going to be an amazing new series. (Also, maybe y'all are getting sick of girls wearing pretty dresses on covers, but...I'm not. GORGEOUS cover.)


4. Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins

I love this series. Whole heartedly. And the ending to the last book nearly killed me. I love Sophie and Archer and Jenna and I hate to see them leave, but when you read a cliff hanger like the one in Demonglass, you're ITCHING for the last book so you know what happens and you don't have to worry about another cliffhanger like that in the same series.


 5. Defiance by C.J. Redwine

Fantasy? Check. Romance? Check. Danger? Check. Independent character? Check. A place called Wasteland? Check. An author who's writing voice I know I'll love? Check. This book has everything I could ever ask for. Every. Thing. Maybe even more, if there's werellamas, which isn't impossible. I just need this book guys. NEED.

6. Timepiece by Myra McEntire

Do I need to explain this one? Do I really? Hourglass is now one of my favorite books ever, I love Myra's writing, and...does anything else need to be included? I don't think so. Stare at the pretty cover for a little bit, and let's move on. I've already talked about this book plenty in 2011 and I don't want you all to cringe whenever I bring it up in 2012...which will probably be often.

7. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

Arranged marriages, Europe, and assassins, oh my! Sprinkle in some god of Death, mix in a high court and a dash of forbidden romance and what do you get? A book Julie needs. That's really all there is to it.





8. Fever by Lauren DeStefano

I loved Wither so much and from what I've heard, this book is just as fantastic and magical. I haven't read the summary because I'm weird like that, but I've got no doubt I'll love this book as much as I loved Wither.

9. Gilt by Katherine Longshore

Basically, I saw the word "Tudor" and added this to my wishlist. I LOVE the Tudor age and there's just not enough YA books about it, in my opinion. Catherine Howard is definitely not one of my favorite wives, but her friend Kitty fascinates me. I'm interested in seeing how another author portrays Catherine and Kitty and the time they had at court.

10. Insurgent by Veronica Roth

2011 was the year of the perfect book, Divergent being one of them. 2012 is the year of the Sequels to the Perfect Books. Obviously, this one needed to be on my list.

11. Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross

This one has a lot to do with fairytales, which I obviously adore. It's also coming out from my favorite publisher and the one person I know that's read it loves and thinks I will too and I trust her. This is one I definitely don't want to miss.

12. Crewel by Gennifer Albin

This is one that I can't fully explain. It just sounds wonderful and dark and full of adventure. I love the idea of people weaving time and basically deciding how people's lives will go. And like almost every YA reader, I love a rebel.

 13. A World Away by Nancy Grossman

What can I say, the Amish culture fascinates me. I'm really interested in seeing how it's handled and how the main character will handle her introduction to technology.





14. Shatter Me #2 by Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me was yet another Perfect Book. Therefore, I need book 2. I need to know what will happen to Juliette and Adam ASAP.

15. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

This is supposed to be inspired by tsarist Russia and it sounds like it's around the time of the Revolution. Which is my favorite time period in Russia. I'm hoping this will be as interesting as the actual revolution!

16. Crown of Embers by Rae Carson

I ADORED The Girl of Fire and Thorns, so I'm really looking forward to Crown of Embers and what will happen next!
17. Wentworth Hall by Abby Grahame

I just finished watching Downton Abbey recently and I'm somewhat obsessed. I completely adored the show. And this book seems like the show...except in book form. So, I'm really excited and totally lusting after this book.

18. Venom by Fiona Paul

Murder and forbidden romance and the Renaissance and court life and regular romance and potential sacrifice. This is another book that hits a lot of my "Must Have" buttons.

19. What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang

I love the idea of this. It kind of reminds me of The Host, but I'm hoping this will be even better and full of more adventure and action.

As much as it bothers me to have 19, I'll leave it there. There's definitely more, but I can't possibly pick a 20th and there's too many to keep going. From my TBR pile, I'm also looking forward to Arcadia Awakens, Magic Under Stone, and A Temptation of Angels. 

Basically, we're all going to go broke buying books in 2012. YAY!

--Julie

3 comments:

  1. Wentworth Hall and Timepiece both made my Top 10 and there are a lot there that are on my wishlist. I've got an ARC of Fever that I plan on reading soon. Great choices! :D

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read a lot of the books on your list too. Wentworth Hall was on my top 10 and I really want to read Venom as well. I just got an ARC of Gilt a week or so ago and it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about a lot of these books too! I'm actually reading The Selecton now and really liking it!

    I hope that I can get ARCs of Timepiece and Killing Me Softly- Egmont's been very unresponsive to me since like this past spring.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.