Friday, 13 January 2012

Supernaturally by Kiersten White

Note: This is the sequel to Paranormalcy, so the summary will have spoilers of the first book but the review is spoiler-free if you want to read it.
Supernaturally 
by Kiersten White


Summary: Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.

So much for normal.
This review will probably be pretty short (compared to my usual annoying rambling) because I can't think of much to say about this book. Except that, basically, I really loved it.

The thing about this series is that they don't actually have a plot that appeals to me - I'm not too into books where fearies play a big role and they do in this. The story is interesting enough (although not quite as good as Paranormalcy was), but it's not one that I would normally be drawn to or love but something about this series sets it apart from the rest.

That something? The characters.

Evie is just so fun and quirky and entertaining and she makes me laugh and I just love the way the books are written (not in an "OMG! That's so poetic and lovely!" kind of way but in a "That's unique and entertaining and the characters voice is really distinctive!" kind of way). I like the side characters a lot too - Lend is a bit too...Perfect Guy, to the point where sometimes his character seems a bit bland, but I can't dislike him, he's too lovely.

So yeah - the reason I love this book series is because of the characters, particularly Evie. The story itself is enough to keep me entertained and the characters push my opinion from, "It's entertaining." to, "I love it.". The first book was really cute and fun and this book was more of the same (although they do have their serious moments too).

If you haven't read this series yet, you should check it out.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Later.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a huge FEY person either, but LOVE the characters in Kiersten White's series. Evie is hilarious with her want to be in normal high school and have lockers and her love for Lend. :-)

    I'm glad you liked Supernaturally :-D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.