Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Dearest Author, Tell Me Another Story?

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the fab girls at The Broke and the Bookish. Most people post before..8 o'clock but, you know, I'm being different.

1. Eva Ibbotson

So...Eva Ibbotson's kind of dead. But I've been on a historical fiction kick and her books are pretty much the best historical out there. There are other ones but...y'all know what I mean. I mourn the fact books like her YA stuff is hard to find and she won't be sharing more with us.
 
2. Ruta Sepetys

Between Shades of Gray ripped my heart to shreds, stomped on it, set it on fire, and then give me a flower. I need Ruta to do this again. As it is, I need to reread Between Shades of Gray. I'm pretty sure she has another book coming out this year, but I need it now so...there you go.

3. Suzanne Collins

I know she has another book series besides The Hunger Games, but quite honestly, I'm not sure I have the time to pick up ANOTHER already completed series. But if she publishes a book a year? That I can manage. Please, Suzanne, give us new stuff? 

4. J.K. Rowling

I think this is pretty self explanatory. She keeps teasing us about new stuff and coming out and it's just a matter of who from and when. But Jo, WHY YOU PLAYING GAMES WITH MY HEARTS? Please, just give us a date and a publisher. I'll even settle for a year.

5. Roald Dahl

Another deceased author. I've been slowly working on the book that just released, which is probably the last one. But his books always make me laugh, they're a connection to my sister, and I know they'll be something I pass on to my kids someday. I just wish they could understand the excitement of getting one of his books when it releases.

6. Libba Bray

Yeah, yeah she put out a book last spring and OKAY FINE she has another book series starting to launch in November. BUT THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME, OKAY? I need a 6 month fix from Libba.

7. Morgan Matson

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour is quite simply EPIC. It was fantastic and wonderful and full of musical references and it just made my soul happy. I'm dying for more soul happy.

8. Sarah MacLean

Okay, YES she has adult books coming out regularly and I love them dearly but...they're just not YA. I need more cutesy, fun, mysterious historical YA because Sarah's another girl that can do it well.

9.Stephanie Perkins

It was recently announced that Isla and the Happily Ever After isn't coming out until 2013. I get that Stephanie needs time to be creative without a burn out and I respect it. But...I was just so excited. I feel like Isla could be my favorite of her books. But I'll be patient. I'll be good.

10. Gayle Forman

If I Stay was good, but Where She Went BLEW ME AWAY. So, yeah I need her next book, which is coming out later this year or in 2013, I can't remember. Either way, I think Gayle's just going to get better and better with every book.

So, that's my list. What about you guys?

--Julie

1 comment:

  1. Definitely Gayle and Ruta. Love their books. Stephanie too - I'm said that Isla was delayed but I want it to be carefully written.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.