Sunday, 4 March 2012

In My Mailbox 108

Lanna:


For review:

Fever by Lauren DeStefano - I loved the first book and this one is good so far too. I got two copies for some reason, so I'm sending one to Julie.

Bought:

Labor of Love by Rachel Hawthorne - I used to love these romcom books (loathe the covers though) and haven't read one in a while so decided to get one. They're cute, fast reads.

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver - Loved Delirium, but I kind of read the last page of this one (annoying habit of mine) and I'm reluctant to read this one now...I will, but I'm worried the story is going in a direction I really don't want it to.

The Once and Future King by T.H. White - I was in the mood to read something Arthurian.

First Love, Wild Love by Madeline Baker - Genuinely no clue how I ended up buying this book. It was one of my half-asleep Amazon purchases. I think maybe I was searching the Native American keywords or it was recommended or something. =P

I...think that's all I got, I'm not sure. My brain is all scrambled right now. What'd you guys get this week?

Later.

Julie:                                                                                                                                                           

No vlog again because it's not worth it for one physical book. I *did* however, make a March TBR vlog that I'm probably going to just leave on youtube, if any of you want to check that out.

For Review:
Miles from Ordinary by Carol Lynch Williams
I got the paperback version. I received the hardcover last year for review and read and reviewed it.

EGalleys:
Something Like Normal by Trish Doller
Innocent Darkness by Suzanne Lazear (I read this as a manuscript and guys...it's AMAZING. I'm going to try to reread it so I can give it a mostly unbiased review but...it'll be hard.)
The Stone Girl by Alyssa B. Scheinmel (I've really enjoyed her other books, looking forward to this one.)
Transcendence by C.J. Omololu

Kindle Freebies:
The Millionaire's Nanny by Carol Grace
The Rake by Amy Watson
The Reluctant Lady by Alicia Rasley
The Last Waltz by G.G. Vandergroff
The Prince's Nanny by Carol Grace
Courting a Thief by K. Jess
The Samaurai's Lady by Gaynor Baker
Eulogy's Secret by Grace Elliot
Devlin's Destiny by Esmerelda Bishop
Scandal of Love by Janelle Daniels
The Life She Left Behind by Maisey Yates
Gamble with Hearts by Hilary Gilman
Seeking the Truth by Lisa Shea
Pretty Persuasion by Olivia Kingsley
Forbidden Love by Shirley Martin
In the Garden of Temptation by Cynthia Wicklund
Winter's Heat by Denise Domning
Born for Thorton's Kiss by Marcia Lynn McClure
Divine Deception by Marcia Lynn McClure
 
Purchased Kindle Books:
Lament by Maggie Stiefvater
And Then He Kissed Her by Laura Lee Guhkre

I know this *seems* really bad but...it's also 2 weeks worth so...yay? 

So, there you go. Any opinions on these books?

--Julie

4 comments:

  1. I got Fever, too ... I'm really looking forward to reading it! I've also been eyeing Innocent Darkness ... now I might have to request it!

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lanna, I see how reading the last page of Pandemonium could make things look weird, but you really, really should read the whole book. The story is darker than Delirium, there's more action, and I just loved how Lena is growing up. Yes, I was a little annoyed with the ending, but the rest of the book is amazing!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I will read the whole book - I'm just...dreading it as much as looking forward to it. I might put it off for a little while (plus then, I'd have less time to wait for the sequel). =P

      Delete
  3. I'm really looking forward to reading it! I've also been eyeing Innocent Darkness,Thanks........

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.